Desperate for AC help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just put a new compressor on my LC two days ago and it was working A-ok. It was not as cold as it should be at higher RPMs, colder around town between 1000-2000 rpm, but I chalked this up to the inefficencies or the system that I have read about.

This afternoon it just crapped itself and quit. When I press the AC button or cut it on then it bogs the engine and the RPMs drop then raise like they should but the clutch doesn't engage and it starts to smoke my brand new OEM belt. I have now replaced the expansion valve, compressor, drier, and the line between the drier and condensor.

I am so far into this money wise I am sick and now a brand new compressor seems to not be working. What in the world is causing this? Is there something I have missed somewhere?

When it was recharged the mechanic drained the oil out of the old compressor and new compressor and matched the amount out of the old compressor into the new one per the instructions. I stood there with him as he did it. It will freewheel but the front hub, which I assume to be the clutch, is locked up. When I cut the AC on then it will not spin the front hub.

You never mentioned why you replaced the first unit was it seized ,burnt out ,worn out ? That might help with diagnosis and the year of the cruiser too please.

First unit was seized up and it was that way when I bought it. It was the original compressor. It's a 1995.

Warranty will cover it. I hope labor I'm out will be covered too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom