Dead cruiser, fuel system issue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The thing that leads me to start with the igniter coil is that the truck didn't die abrubtly, there was little to no power the last time it ran and then I pulled over and shut her off and then it would crank but not turn over. CEL does stay on when starting too. My EFI is rigged up strangley, there is a 30 amp I think relay under the fuse box where all the wires are connected. Strang thing is there is no wire connected to the EFI relay fuse, the silver one but there is one to the 15amp fuse. My father owned the truck before me and he had the problem that it wouldn't turn over when the motor got hot, wish I was a cruiserhead then, b/c I could've told him to bridge a 10 gauge wire and replace the relay and it would've been fixed. Seems like it was already upgraded. Well tomorrow I'm going to a local parts store and get the igniter and test it out and see if she'll turn over, if not the last thing I can think of is distributor wires/distributor or the fuel pump.

One more thing to check as I re-read your original post. Did you visually inspect the fuel pump? There is a pre-filter on the bottom of the pump-it has a tendency to get clogged. It is the simplest fix and cheap-your symptoms are close to what I was experiencing with it.

I have gone through the distributor, EFI, and that pre-filter. All symptoms are "relatively close."

Do a search on the 3fe yahoo list for "sock" or "pre-filter."

If you check the pump inspect the pre-filter if it is rust redish/brown-it is clogged.

Wanted to give you one more option.

fj803fe said:
One more thing to check as I re-read your original post. Did you visually inspect the fuel pump? There is a pre-filter on the bottom of the pump-it has a tendency to get clogged. It is the simplest fix and cheap-your symptoms are close to what I was experiencing with it.

I have gone through the distributor, EFI, and that pre-filter. All symptoms are "relatively close."

Do a search on the 3fe yahoo list for "sock" or "pre-filter."

If you check the pump inspect the pre-filter if it is rust redish/brown-it is clogged.

Wanted to give you one more option.

Thanks I'll check that if the igniter/coil part doesn't work. I'm not getting a spark right now and there isn't any spark coming from the igniter so I'll start with that. THanks for all the help, I kinda like it when my truck breaks down I learned a lot :cheers:

Called up a few parts stores and one of them said I needed three ignition coil, that thing in the black box near the firewall in the 3fe and the guy said I needed three of them?? I told him I needed the igniter coil and he said you need 3 at 50 dollars a piece...uh what?

did you ever find out whats up? I have the same crap going on my truck...no sparky....no CEL light...

is there a good place to get a NON-cracked air-intake house...????

The hose is from c dan
havent heard of any am types for it.

Large diameter reinforced silicone intake hose is available. Costs more than stock. Another option is to go with a stainless steel tube, with silicone hose connectors at each end. Costs more than stock. Done right. I would expect either of these options to outlast the factory piece.

lowtide no cel light means efi relay or fuse. not the same problem as NYK.

NYK did you recently pull your codes or are you assuming your only code is o2 sensor? You could have multiple codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom