Day run tomorrow 11/24/2018, Bailey's Cabin - scope for a future trip - terminates at a brewery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phalconoverland.com
Hi all, so a trip has coalesced. Tomorrow some of us are going to make a run to Bailey's Cabin which will most certainly include a side diversion to Alder Canyon. We camped at Bailey's back in 2015 and haven't been back there since. We did explore Alder and had sort of set it aside as a possible alternative campsite but would like to check it out.

For those who have never been, the wheeling isn't particularly hard but there should be enough challenge to make you use your 4WD. It should be a trip that gets us back into town mid afternoon in time to hit up Second Chance Brewing in RB for beverage, food, and good if not great company. I will have my older to munchkins with me.

Bring provisions for lunch.

The plan thus far is:
- Meet at the I15/76 park and ride at 9AM.
- Head north on 15 to Anza (another opportunity for gas if needed) and then south to Bailey's / Upper Coyote.
- Check out Baileys and if not occupied have lunch, hang out, get out of the trucks a bit.
- Head up to Alder Canyon, get some more out of truck time, check out the creek/camping.
- Head back out, air up, off to beer.

Sound good?

We can do the usual comms, CB22, FRS1, HAM 149.196 (I think, will check at the park and ride...)

Frank

Would love to come but not back in town til the evening

I’m in!! Dogs allowed?

252 412 7172

I will be there. I want to run H.Canyon near there.

Last edited:
Dogs allowed. H sounds fun!

Last edited:
Might bring my dog too.

Gentlemen, I nearly have my truck together and up and running. As soon as I get it up and get some sliders on, I’m looking forward to being a regular. I will meet you no later then the next club meeting! You fine folks have a great time!

Awesome. Today's run won't require sliders so if running well enough and time is there feel free to join. I will post up when we head back in case you want to meet up at 2nd Chance.

I won’t be making it, installing a front locker in @flyingmonkey rig today.

Sorry just got back in town. I was thinking this was on Sunday, I got excited for a second, but reality slapped me in the face! How was it today?

Sorry just got back in town. I was thinking this was on Sunday, I got excited for a second, but reality slapped me in the face! How was it today?
Awwwww

It was a fun day!! Pretty much made our own trail. My cruiser survived

E93B8B93-1D66-45D7-A8F6-9DD17CC4C7AA.jpeg

B6D6D662-EE66-4BB3-937C-22249138B542.jpeg

ECAFC966-3DC8-44BE-B644-03E578AD7765.jpeg

6D8547ED-4F26-46F1-9F67-836C9A9E8F66.jpeg

AB62E744-138F-464D-AA67-BD478A33917C.jpeg

Looks like it was fun! I can’t wait until my truck is ready! Family is out there too! That’s sooo awesome. I will see you folks no later than the next meeting. That day trip looked really great!

@Phulcrum the FJ lives!!!!! How did it do??

@Phulcrum the FJ lives!!!!! How did it do??
not too well. the front diff is leaking at the pinion seal. going to pull it and replace the seal next weekend. other than that, it did great. I LOVE the new gears.

Well.... good the gears are better...bad on that damned seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom