Dash Cam Add A Circuit - Need Ignition And Constant Power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know which fuses in either the driver side or passenger side (passenger side is preferable) fuse box are ignition activated and constant power? Also, a source for low-profile mini-fuse Add-A-Circuit?

Thanks!

I used the hazard fuse (15A labeled HAZ) for constant power and the cigarette lighter fuse (15A labeled CIG) for switched power. Got the mini fuse add-on at a local Advance Auto parts. Even though they were labeled low profile I was unable to get the fuse cover back on.

I used the hazard fuse (15A labeled HAZ) for constant power and the cigarette lighter fuse (15A labeled CIG) for switched power. Got the mini fuse add-on at a local Advance Auto parts. Even though they were labeled low profile I was unable to get the fuse cover back on.
Thanks. Was this on the driver's or passenger side?

I used the fuse box on the passenger side. "TOW BK/UP" for the constant 12V and "S/HTR" for the Ignition On power. I used these Low-profile Mini Fuse Taps:

Amazon product ASIN B07T8LRSH7

These photos (2020 LC) may be of help...

LC Drivers Side Fuse Box.jpg

LC Passenger Side Fuse Box.png

Last edited:
The 2020 owner’s manual states that “The seat heaters and ventilators can be used when the engine switch is in IGNITION ON mode.”

I suspect that S/HTR stands for Seat Heater.

The 2020 owner’s manual states that “The seat heaters and ventilators can be used when the engine switch is in IGNITION ON mode.”

I suspect that S/HTR stands for Seat Heater.
I "assume" the same meaning. However, my camera doesn't power up with a double push of the start button. Only when the engine is running does it have power. The seat heater/ventilation does work in accessory mode, but the camera doesn't show power. Very odd (assuming we're correct that S/HTR means seat heater and ventilation).

I just walk out to my garage and tested my dashcam setup.

With my foot off of the brake pedal:

- After the first push of the start button (acc mode) my dash cam does not power on.

- After the second push of the start button (start/run/ignition on mode) my dash cam powered on (the engine was not running)

I hope that this helps.

I just walk out to my garage and tested my dashcam setup.

With my foot off of the brake pedal:

- After the first push of the start button (acc mode) my dash cam does not power on.

- After the second push of the start button (start/run/ignition on mode) my dash cam powered on (the engine was not running)

I hope that this helps.
Thanks. I get no power after the second push. Only when the engine is running. I’ve had the camera installed for some time, and just don’t remember if I ever checked this before. I’m suddenly having issues with parking mode not working, which got me into troubleshooting mode. Garmin is sending me a replacement Parking Mode Cable. I’ve double checked all my connections, fusing, etc. Frustrating to say the least.

I have the Garmin 46, with the parking mode cable, in my LC. Are you using the "TOW BK/UP" fuse connection for the constant 12V?

I have the Garmin 46, with the parking mode cable, in my LC. Are you using the "TOW BK/UP" fuse connection for the constant 12V?
Yes. Checked power in the fuse panel at that spot and it’s hot. Fuse is good as well. So the camera should be getting power with ignition off. Interestingly, I assumed this fuse is the constant for the hot pin on the trailer plug. However, that pin only has power with ignition on (engine off or running) so my assumption seems off. Plus, 7.5A seems low for trailer power.

The only thing I can think of other than a bad cable, is the parking mode cable has a low voltage cutoff and it’s shutting down power for parking mode. But my battery is over 12V so that shouldn’t be a factor.

So I’ve got two issues that weren’t present for some time after installation...no power in ACC mode (thinking back, I’m pretty sure this worked after installation), and no power when parked (definitely worked after installation). Works fine while engine is running. Ugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom