Daihatsu F50 Paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I Know this is not an Fj40 but it is similar and made around the same time.
I am embarking on repainting our farm car, a 1979ish Daihatsu F50 Taft. I want it to be a genuine colour or close to it and have decided on Beach Blue original code Dai-441.
Screenshot (288).png

Which I have found in vintage colour code books and websites online but cant seem to convert it to a modern day code for PPG or another brand sold in Australia.
I need help finding out how to track down this colour

That's true mate, she's her little sister and welcome to the Mud!

I did have one for some years, very happy with it.

If I recall well some of the colours are the same 40-Series colours: Freeborn Red T-309, Mustard Yellow 532, Green ("John Deere Green") 681, (maybe) Pollux Orange 304 etc.
See some British and Dutch brochures attached:

24055177921_e81b2e8cc9_b.jpg

UK brochure.jpg

24111658426_2810befc03_b.jpg

Daihatsu NL.jpg

Thanks for the pics Greek Cruiser Head. There is a lot similar on the Toyota short wheel base cruiser and the Daihatsu's. The blue that that long wheelbase ute is, is what I'm looking for. I'll have a look at some cruiser colour codes as well and se if I can match them. Hopefully I can find one in the cruiser colours seeing as though they were more popular.

The blue colour of your Daihatsu seems to be the Sky Blue 854 of the 40-Series, have a look:

PS. What about a presentation of your Daihatsu? Wether as a Daihatsu Taft or a Toyota Blizzard she's the 40-Series little sister after all...

Last edited:
I had a look at that Sky blue that's nice but if there's a shade a bit darker I think that's what I'll go with.
What do you mean about a presentation mate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom