cutting hole for front leaf on 94 2wd frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
working on my never ending project. This weekend I was going to tackle cutting the hole for the rear of the front leaf on my 94 2wd frame. I ordered the frame jigs from sky-manufacturing.com but when I held them to the frame they were to narrow and didnt even look like they would line up.

I know Im supposed to cut the hole between the body mount which measures close to 4.5" so I was going to make the hole @ 2.25" and about 1.75" from the bottom. Which would have been about dead center. But since I didnt want to mess up my only good frame I checked online to see what I could find before I broke out the hole saw. On sky-man.com they show making the hole as far forawrd and low as possible.

DSCF3344.JPG

sorry about size its from sky-manufacturing.com

and my frame doesnt have that hole between the mount

Is that where I should make my hole? If it matters I have their boomerang shackles...idk any help and/or pic's would be awesome!!! or a link...

From my experience that's pretty much the spot. I've also seen it a little further up, but then you need to notch and reinforce the body mount to clear the swing of the shackles. Don't forget to find a piece of smaller pipe or rod to insert into the two pipe pieces you weld into the frame. It helps keep them aligned with each other better, so theoretically you're less likely to mis-align the rest of the front end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom