Custom Wire Harness for LED Worklights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have limited switch space in my 80. Wanted to use one 3 position (off/on/on) rocker switch to control two independent 18W (1.2amp draw) lights. It would work like this... first position "on" kicks on my backup LED and second position "on" would turn them both on at the same time.

My guess to date is running two separate relays and then jumper the "on" and "on" posts of the switch.

But there has to be a cleaner way of doing this, right? Still searching around but thought I would check-in with you find folks to see if anyone has done this.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Diode connecting the 2nd on to 1st main on. It would keep the first light from feeding the 2nd light. There like a check valve for electricity

Diode connecting the 2nd on to 1st main on. It would keep the first light from feeding the 2nd light. There like a check valve for electricity

If I am following you correctly... at the switch, right?

Yep. A crossover. I have several 1 amp diodes I picked up at radio shack several years ago not sure how big they go there.

How about a Marine Navigation Light switch. On those one position turns on an "anchor" light. The other turns on both the anchor and bow lights.

Reactions: KLF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom