Custom Splice Synthetic Lines? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any experience with their synthetic Diamond lines? Thanks!

Do you mean Dyneema synthetic rope? Samson has splicing instructions on their website and I've attached fittings per the instructions.

Factor 55 sells a splice needle kit for the new to putting an eye in a rope correctly.

Dyneema is currently the top dog fiber being used in ballistic plates thru class 3, and I’ve seen some pretty impressive results of it even with a 20rd/.308 test.

Dyneema is what my Amsteel rope on my 12K winch is now, I bought a replacement rope after running wire for ~25yrs.

IDK if custom splice is a brand, but winch line is a place I want a real brand either wire or Dyneema rope for virtue of if you need it, you really need it.

Do you mean Dyneema synthetic rope? Samson has splicing instructions on their website and I've attached fittings per the instructions.

Sorry - Custom Splice is a brand. Custom Splice | Recovery Gear Made For You Diamond line is their "in house" synthetic winch line made with dyneema fiber.

Factor 55 sells a splice needle kit for the new to putting an eye in a rope correctly.

Dyneema is currently the top dog fiber being used in ballistic plates thru class 3, and I’ve seen some pretty impressive results of it even with a 20rd/.308 test.

Dyneema is what my Amsteel rope on my 12K winch is now, I bought a replacement rope after running wire for ~25yrs.

IDK if custom splice is a brand, but winch line is a place I want a real brand either wire or Dyneema rope for virtue of if you need it, you really need it.

Sorry. I clarified above. Custom Splice is a brand. They have their own line of synthetic line, but they also sell Amsteel. I am looking at their in-house-fabbed Diamond Line. Was wondering if anyone had used it before. They sponsor a few offroad racing team, but I have found lmited feedback in the recreational user arena.

I really love the Amsteel Blue rope on my winch.

I've got 85' of it on my MM buy I can't say I've been plucking people out left and right. They sell a ton of it though. The warehouse is about 30 miles from where I live. Locals just go over there and have him make lines for them.

I've got 85' of it on my MM buy I can't say I've been plucking people out left and right. They sell a ton of it though. The warehouse is about 30 miles from where I live. Locals just go over there and have him make lines for them.

Thanks for the info. Wish I was local - getting them on the line via phone, email, or messaging is difficult. They have now sold out of their diamond line, so I may have missed out on a good deal - or a headache given their poor communications.

Thanks for the info. Wish I was local - getting them on the line via phone, email, or messaging is difficult. They have now sold out of their diamond line, so I may have missed out on a good deal - or a headache given their poor communications.

The owner is pretty easy to get along with once you nail him down. But your right, the communication can be problematic. He also owns a towing service and I think that is where a lot of his time is spent managing. I think there might only be one or two other employees in the office.

I was under the distinct impression when I visited last that he does this as kind of an outlet and maybe a give back to the 4x4 community. I know he goes to events within several states and takes line and line repair equipment with him. Guys snap stuff when their doing competitions and he helps recover them or splice lines, whatever is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom