"Custom" Craftsman Tool Kit (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LoveTractor, this is the best tool thread I've seen so far. Do you mind if I added to the "Tool FAQ I'm building- under ultimate tool collection.

Vic, of course. That was the point of this thread. To answer the frequently asked questions: "What tool(s) do I need (for <insert job here>)?" or "What tools make up a good tool kit?" You can do whatever you want with it.

And on to an actual tool note, I've added a
Craftsman 4 Way Lug Wrench
and the
MV50 Portable Air Compressor(which is supposed to rock!)
to the list.

And I found a list of Harbor Freight discount codes:
http://www.billt.com/harborfreight.htm

Last edited:
if anybody wants a ratching screwdriver GearWrench make a neat set.it includes 3in, 6in,and 12in extensions for both apex and 1/4 drive and also a flex extension.Ive got the set from a tool truck and saw the same set at my local napa store.

What happened to the FAQ, Biff? I'm looking for some validation in my life. :flipoff2:
BTW, all these new tools(er. most of them) are coming in very handily. me likey the ratcheting wrenches. :D

Its been put on the back burner, I'll get to it though just get me a little time.

LoveTractor said:
treerootCO has found a very good alternative (and I'm kicking myself! :flipoff2: ). I was so set on not needing SAE sizes, I didn't even think about it. :whoops: His idea is a little more expensive when encompassed into the basic kit from my first post, but you'd get standard/SAE sizes as well.

In relation to the "basic" kit from post #1, the set is:

290 piece Mechanics Tool Set
Torque Wrench, 3/8 in. Drive
Torque Wrench, 1/2 in. Drive
10 pc. Easy-To-Read Socket Set, 6 pt. Metric, 1/2 in. Drive(9-15,17-19mm)
24mm Socket, 6 pt. 1/2 in. Drive Standard
6-piece Professional Pliers Set
14 pc. 6pt. Wrench Set, Metric
2 pc. Strap Wrench Set
2 pc. Locking Plier Set includes 10 WR and 7R Pliers
25 in. Pry Bar, with 18 in. Curved Bladed Screwdriver
Tool Storage- You're on your own for that one. :flipoff2:

Removed from post#1 list:
3 pc. Thin Profile Ratchet Set, 10 pc. Easy-To-Read Socket Set, 6 pt. Metric, 1/4 in. Drive, 10 pc. Easy-To-Read Socket Set, 6 pt. Deep Metric, 1/4 in. Drive, 22 pc. All 3/8 in. drive Metric 6 pt. Easy-To-Read Socket Set, 6 pc. Easy-To-Read Socket Set, 12 pt. Deep Metric, 1/2 in. Drive, Various Extensions and Adaptors(Ex:#43539, #44261, #44264), 3 12 in. Utility Cases, Screwdriver Set, Ratcheting, 2 pc. Hex Key Caddy Set, SAE and Metric, Tool Carrier

Total: $718+tax+shipping...+tool storage
More expensive, but you get the standard/SAE sizes too. More bang for your buck IMO. Up to you. I'm seriously thinking about making an exchange (gotta love Craftsman! :D ). I haven't ordered all of it so it wouldn't be hard at this point.

Don't forget a 24 inch breaker bar
extensions
adaptors (1/2 to 3/8, 3/8 to 1/2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom