Cruising Range (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

Curious to hear what sort of average cruising range everyone is getting and mpg?

5.7, 4.7, 4.6 and 4.5TD. Happy for all engines to weigh in.

The one thing I find myself missing from my 100 is the sub tank. I just drove around on my 90 litre main and never filled the sub.

I also don't like the fact my mid spec Aussie 200 does not have a range estimator or fuel consumption read out. Just a standard old fuel gauge. Small sacrifice though for no nav and nonsense.

My 2018 nav system says 290 Miles w a full tank. But that’s not taking into account the 4 gallon reserve. It’s weird but the 2016 I just traded in seemed to get better mileage.

I have a VX grade VDJ200. You could say it's pretty bare with no nav, no sunroof, no KDSS, no VSC or CRAWL but it does have rear AC, auto lights, power steering column, leather seats and the nice optitron gauge cluster :)

Cruising range in the city is less than 500 km and fuel consumption measured at the pump is about 6 to 6.4km/L. Mine is all stock except for a Pacemaker turbo-back full exhaust and 275/55/20 Terra Grapplers.

For comparison, my 1HDT-powered 80 series with part time 4WD and 5 speed manual gets the same fuel consumption figures as my 200, although my 80 is a bit of a pig with 33's, ARB front and rear bumpers, side rails and roof rack.

I have averaged 15.5 mpg for about a year now. After fill up usually displays 320 to 325 miles. This is mixed driving city/hwy with no towing. Only mod is 20" rims with 275/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers.

2016 - averaging 16-17 mpg - usually 290 on the display when filling.

Maybe I drive like an ass. I’ve only filled up twice but every tank I’m averaging 13 and some change. It’s mostly local driving right now. I’m interested to see what I get on dirt.

when we first got our 16 it would never go above 250 miles to empty. It sat on the dealer lot a while. I'm guessing it did a fair amount of idling and screwed with the calculation.

I have a VX grade VDJ200. You could say it's pretty bare with no nav, no sunroof, no KDSS, no VSC or CRAWL but it does have rear AC, auto lights, power steering column, leather seats and the nice optitron gauge cluster :)

Cruising range in the city is less than 500 km and fuel consumption measured at the pump is about 6 to 6.4km/L. Mine is all stock except for a Pacemaker turbo-back full exhaust and 275/55/20 Terra Grapplers.

For comparison, my 1HDT-powered 80 series with part time 4WD and 5 speed manual gets the same fuel consumption figures as my 200, although my 80 is a bit of a pig with 33's, ARB front and rear bumpers, side rails and roof rack.

Very similar rig to my Aussie GXL 2010. I have the 2UZFE though, which i've come to know backwards and rate as one of the finest motors they ever made. Little thirsty though. Unfortunately I have to drive very light as Gas here in Australia is very expensive. Costs me about $200 to fill.

Maybe I drive like an ass. I’ve only filled up twice but every tank I’m averaging 13 and some change. It’s mostly local driving right now. I’m interested to see what I get on dirt.

I'm on my 3rd tank myself, first one I got 13.3 second came in at 11.2 -- -pretty much local too and obviously still in break-in.

If I only do city driving im around 13-14.

How long are we supposed to break in for? I’m still babying the truck but not sure how long I can hold back.

I know right? From the OM...

break-in.jpg

With a 5.7, 33.5” muds, 4.88, full armor and roof rack.

10 mpg city, 13 mpg highway, 14 mpg on 55 mph state roads.

With a 5.7, 33.5” muds, 4.88, full armor and roof rack.

10 mpg city, 13 mpg highway, 14 mpg on 55 mph state roads.

Same, and I'm super heavy.

So you guys are getting the same MPG as by built Tundra. That's what I have to look forward to? Hahaha.

You'll get better if you leave it stock. But add heavy, high-friction off-road tires, an off-road bumper that messes up aerodynamics, heavy armor, etc., and it will go down quickly. Also, your highway mileage will be heavily dependent upon speed. Above 75 mpg mileage falls off a cliff.

There is a reason why a lot of folks are interested in the LRA auxiliary fuel tanks that are being brought in to the US.

Yes to subtank. I need to get one hopefully this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom