Cruiser Newb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.enviroimports.com
Hey everyone, Ive been wheeling for many years but just got my first Cruiser, its a 92 turbo diesel Jap spec one, mildly lifted, bambi bumper and im working on a set of rock sliders and rear bumper with tire carrier , jack and ladder. Im just off cook st and kiwanis .
I will try to come to your next meeting and meet some of you and would like to do a trail run, im not going to bash it like my old diesel blazer, but I really want to see what its capable of , Oh and Im ordering a set of smurfs of Travis in Vancouver. so it should do pretty good but i have high expectations . Im putting together a trailer for it, does anyone have a set of old front axel spindles from a 30spline 80 series that are waiting to be recyled?
See you all soon:steer:

Travis is doing 80 series birfs .... thought he was only doing the mini birfs.... and only birfs made in japan... not the lordco china knock offs..

wow thats interesting didnt know he was doing that.. cool.. does he have them in stock or do u still have to give him a set to weld and heat treat????

I havent actually talked to him since he was here on the island but Colin "pistol pete" was talking to him about my birfs and I want to support the local guy so that where my money will go, but I have to call him in a few days to sort it all out I would rather just buy a set of smurf of him and keep my originals as spares than send mine in . do you know of anyone with spare/scrap hubs and spindles, I really want to use them as outers for my trailer to have on hand in a pinch.

Hey everyone, Ive been wheeling for many years but just got my first Cruiser, its a 92 turbo diesel Jap spec one, mildly lifted, bambi bumper and im working on a set of rock sliders and rear bumper with tire carrier , jack and ladder. Im just off cook st and kiwanis .
I will try to come to your next meeting and meet some of you and would like to do a trail run, im not going to bash it like my old diesel blazer, but I really want to see what its capable of , Oh and Im ordering a set of smurfs of Travis in Vancouver. so it should do pretty good but i have high expectations . Im putting together a trailer for it, does anyone have a set of old front axel spindles from a 30spline 80 series that are waiting to be recyled?
See you all soon:steer:

cool,

welcome :flipoff2:, come out and meet us at the next meeting or run.
you'll be in good company, there are a few of those "wrong" hand drive oil burners in the VI Crew.

cheers
crusty

actually crusty, this oil burners are on the right side.........lol

Im soooooo confused, i keep seeing all the northamerican cars with the steering wheels on the wrong side and they are all rusted out, but when the steering wheel is on the RIght side, there is no rust and they run like new, must be a metalurgical thing hahahaha,
Im going to take her wheeling but i want rock sliders on first, unlike my old blazer my rockers are perfect on this one and other than getting some west coast pin striping on it, its going to get pretty well armored. put my tig to good use and all. anyone know where I can get some pipe ends to make the dif guards ? I used to have a box of em laying around but havent had a yota in a while.

Hi noel and welcome:cheers:

andrew sherrit see cam sorenson

Ok, what does Cam Sorenson have... or is he making smurfs also?
so how many people have been or are still on island4x site?
I used to be alot a few years ago, but when the closed down harbor view and timberwest was closing the gates more and more I got away from the obsession, and then they went and closed down the mud hole on skirt mtn, but I think my cruiser should be a nice combo of street nice and off road capable.

I just pulled the intercooler out of my old 760 turbo volvo and am working on plans to put it in my LC and the york out of it is also donating its self to the cause.. I miss my on board air blender, Now that was cool.:grinpimp:

Ok, what does Cam Sorenson have... or is he making smurfs also?
so how many people have been or are still on island4x site?
I used to be alot a few years ago, but when the closed down harbor view and timberwest was closing the gates more and more I got away from the obsession, and then they went and closed down the mud hole on skirt mtn, but I think my cruiser should be a nice combo of street nice and off road capable.

I just pulled the intercooler out of my old 760 turbo volvo and am working on plans to put it in my LC and the york out of it is also donating its self to the cause.. I miss my on board air blender, Now that was cool.:grinpimp:

i still go in there once in a while. Not anywhere as much info as in here and people seem to like to be alot more rude there.

cam sorenson works at andrew sherrits and he can supply you with pipe end caps to make diffguards. i agree about the crowd at island 4x4 still check just to keep an eye on local stuff

I'll post some picts of the install when I get it underway, was going to start today, but I dident know if I should wear a sweater, rain gear, sun protection or stay out of the hail, what a farked up weather day.

here's a pic of my cruiser, I just cant stop showing it to people. I was down at mocha house on cook this monring and a stock exact gas engine one pulled up right behind me, it looked like a 4runner behind mine. mind you i think he had 235 tires on it . looked sad, i wanted to hug it , take it home and make it alllllll better.
Landcruiser-Noel015.jpg

nice rig, i used to have thos yokohamas in my 4runner. i really liked them, other than the fact that they wear so fast. on the other hand, they clear the mud pretty good. hydroplaning on this tires is hard to do, due to their design.
i really like that bumper.
weolcome.

thanks, I dident keep the plates, but im an importer so I can get them any time. Im going to bring in the same truck for my buddy as he cant get enough of mine . I have alot of plans for mine, I think im washing off the top coat, I cant seem to stop washing it lol, thank god the sun is back for a few days or im going to be down to primer soon, I just bought one of those portable 10x20 canvis garage sort of things as I cant get the LC into either garage on the house, But im ok with the lifted LC,
Im looking for a place to have the apolstery re done.
Hope to see some of you at the trail run.
Noel

the smurfs... pretty sure he requires you to send in a set and he welds and heat treats them.... so dont buy the lordco ones like i said earlier... they are made in china not japan...

nice looking cruiser...

I have an extra 80s spindle now but I don't think you'll want it. At any rate I'll be bringing most of it and half a DS Longfield to the next meeting.

I'm not convinced Travis Rankin is doing 80 series birfs, but if he is, you can't go wrong. He's a great guy and does amazing work.

Welcome aboard!

Have you busted a birf yet? Are you locked? I have had my cruiser 10 years and run 36's. I have beat on it pretty good and not broken a stock birf yet. I am open in the front though and that makes a big difference. I was not going to change them until I broke one but Too Tall had some in to a guy in Duncan so I threw a couple in to have treated. My ARB will be moved to the front shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom