Cruise Moab 2004 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It looks like we'll have a caravan of TWO '93 FZJ80s heading East from Pismo Beach. I still need to finalize trail picks and plans with Jason (CRZR45) who is the new owner of a sweet '93 FZJ80.

That is unless Drexx wants me to drive the "Ultimate 80" out for test drive?

We have 3 more NorCal 80's going. Leaving early on Tuesday, hitting Moab midday Wed for tech and to run Fins-n-things. Thursday is Golden Spike, Fri = Hell's Revenge, and Sat is Metal Masher. Split Sat pm, back in the bay area Sun night. Looking forward to it!
Please keep us in the loop as to the 80's get-together. This would make a great story and photo-op for Toyota Trails!
John

I'll be there with my little truck and a couple of Tri tips..

:D

02Feb2004 (UTC +8)

Are you serious Jim? :) I was actually planning on making arrangements with someone who can tow it to Moab. Since my son Marius has school, and I'll be running around like a headless chicken trying to do everything at once, we plan on just flying there to Moab, get in our '80, wheel it, arrange again for towing back home, then fly back home.

Drexx, I think there would be a line of people willing to drive your Cruisers.
Later, Jeff

Seriously Drexx, I'll drive the diesel if I can have it afterward. :D

Must do trails ,Metal Masher, Moab Rim,Golden Spike but takes all day+,steel bender is a blast,any trail that Neil or I lead is all ways a Blast see you at tech in Jim :cheers:

[quote author=kipper link=board=4;threadid=9790;start=msg90440#msg90440 date=1074114580]
I'll be there all week.

BTW - I just launched the new Rising Sun website, complete with updated CM04 info. I'm stoked, can't wait to see everyone there!

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org - let me know whatcha think...

and Woody's link above should now be:
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/cruisemoab.asp

ASP baby!

Kipper :beer: :beer: :beer:
[/quote]

Not bad kipper, but I dont think you paid the video guy enough for his video on the home page :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Or include his page on your links page :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

BTW its www.the-shed.net :D

Ill accept free entry as payment :D :cheers: :flipoff2:

Actually there are more of my vids and pics here, and you can use some of those, or link tot hem also if you wish, just put a small link to my site if you could please.

http://www.offroader.com.au/trips/readers/usa/moab/cruise-moab-2002.cfm

http://www.offroader.com.au/video/theshed/

cruisemoab3.jpg

No, but if you let your momma follow you around again next time like that, you will be wheeling on your own :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Cascade Cruisers will be well represented this year. I believe there are 16 guys making it down from Portland, OR. Gonna be a great time. Will be my first time to Moab. :D

[quote author=woody link=board=4;threadid=9790;start=msg87252#msg87252 date=1073618399]
since the next time I'll likely make this event is 5-6 years from now, what are the "recommended" must see trails?

[/quote]

Pickle is not lame anymore. We had fun there at Thanksgiving on a prerun.
Friend of mine is leading the manyfacturers run at EJS04 and it's basically a buggy run.
We had,
One flop.
One oil pan destroyed.
Three obstacles.
First I parked the 80 after because i wanted my doors to still work.
Second one is where all the carnage happened on the way back down.
Third... Throttle attempts at an undercut waterfall. Someone's gonna do a back flip on this one.

Coming back down the first in my friend's TJ. I found that after driving the 80 all weekend and then getting into a Jeep with an auto the pedals are much closer together than what I am used to.
Full throttle decents are really scary :slap:

This guy wound up doing a pirouette on his oil pan on that rock right in front of him :eek:.
He wasn't real happy about it. But he did drive out with a snile on his face.

This is me driving just before the rear wheels came off the ground :eek:.

Next time he wants a pic of his rig I'll drive the camera and not his friggin' Jeep. :doh:

[quote author=fjcruiser link=board=4;threadid=9790;start=msg107922#msg107922 date=1077309807]
Cascade Cruisers will be well represented this year. I believe there are 16 guys making it down from Portland, OR. Gonna be a great time. Will be my first time to Moab. :D
[/quote]

I talked to Mark about that the other day and I think you guys will be driving right through here on your way there. Ed did last year and I saw him towing through town and then tried to run him over at the gas station in my 80 :D , so I could add his 40 to my collection. I missed. :doh:

If I can't make it, I at least wanna meet some of you guys when you motor through. I've got family south of Portland and I'd like to do some trails out there the next time we make the drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom