cracked manafold thingy, (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Norcal, not on fire but it was darn close.
I guess I should have got a larger photo.
Its near the carb but it was already taken to my mechanic to look at.

Were taking it off tomorrow but can that be welded with nickle rods?

Ok sorry photo was way to small,

006.JPG

Yes it can be welded. The part just has to be preheated before the weld and stress relieved after.

My local shop next door uses a tig with this new filler wire , it uses a special alloy process and flux powder to make welding dissimilar metals and working on cast iron a lot more consistent . The stuff works , I've seen parts repaired with it and the results are very good -
DavBroInc - EZ Weld
I need to order some of this stuff myself - get a lot of requests for small cast iron parts .
Looks like even Amazon is starting to carry it now - the rod is called EZ Weld .

Sarge

The problem with cast iron isn't getting it to adhere. It is localized heat causing stress in the casting. If you want the repair to hold up you have to relieve the stress.

No stress relieving with the EZ Weld tig wire , it isn't necessary . This stuff has no nickel in it , which is part of what causes the iron cracking issues as it cools . It also melts in at a lower temperature , which I'm sure helps a lot . The stuff flows in and blends excellent too , btw...
Sarge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom