Could be another record setting auction. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I watch all the LCs that go across the auction block on BRT, and there have been a few mint 80s in the past year, but this one is a winner.

Will be interesting to see if it breaks the 76k mark of one of the previous listings.

Not in the market for an 80 series but having a title in Maryland and being in California throws two red flags. One just being from the rust belt is one. I hate mud but hate rust more. Second is, would it pass emissions? Why has it been in California since 2020 at least and still titled in Maryland. Not saying any is wrong just two things I would want the details. But this is also in the collector range. Doubt it will ever be a mall cruiser again then moved on to a wheeler.

Not in the market for an 80 series but having a title in Maryland and being in California throws two red flags. One just being from the rust belt is one. I hate mud but hate rust more. Second is, would it pass emissions? Why has it been in California since 2020 at least and still titled in Maryland. Not saying any is wrong just two things I would want the details. But this is also in the collector range. Doubt it will ever be a mall cruiser again then moved on to a wheeler.
Take a look at the pics, it is pretty darn clean. It has been through the TLC/ICON shop in CA, so it could have been registered there. There is a receipt for $36k from there. I have a love/hate with TLC and Jonathan Ward. On one hand, TLC, FJ Company, Profitts, etc, have contributed to the rocket ship rise in prices on LCs as well as some of the vacuuming of parts up, however, you can't deny the quality of work they do and the benefit of preserving so many great rigs. I can't afford any of those signature builds, but if I was in the 8+ figure net worth demographic, I would probably be on a first name basis with them. It does seem to be a common occurrence to find multiple states title history on these queens. As much as I HATE HATE HATE rust belt cars, there seem to be some great rigs in that part of the US that get put up in winter and rarely driven otherwise. When I lived in Illinois, I took the advice of a buddy and bought a "salt car" to drive in winter while my good car was put up in the barn on a battery tender.

Take a look at the pics, it is pretty darn clean. It has been through the TLC/ICON shop in CA, so it could have been registered there. There is a receipt for $36k from there. I have a love/hate with TLC and Jonathan Ward. On one hand, TLC, FJ Company, Profitts, etc, have contributed to the rocket ship rise in prices on LCs as well as some of the vacuuming of parts up, however, you can't deny the quality of work they do and the benefit of preserving so many great rigs. I can't afford any of those signature builds, but if I was in the 8+ figure net worth demographic, I would probably be on a first name basis with them. It does seem to be a common occurrence to find multiple states title history on these queens. As much as I HATE HATE HATE rust belt cars, there seem to be some great rigs in that part of the US that get put up in winter and rarely driven otherwise. When I lived in Illinois, I took the advice of a buddy and bought a "salt car" to drive in winter while my good car was put up in the barn on a battery tender.

I just read it's for sale in California and has a Maryland title. Once has the car been doing in California for the last couple of years. Guessing owner lives in California and maintains residence in Maryland. Probably has no emssions and cheap registrations.

We live in the desert and have to put up with dry rotted interiors, wiring, plastic and rubber parts. But that is nothing compared to rust. Not say it's rust rusted just something I would want to inspect personally. The mileage isn't super low. My FJ62 is around 125K. Also the money spent reflects where the work was done. Most the items mentioned I wouldn't be paying TLC's rates to have done. My issue with TLC is for every Icon made it means an old Cruiser will never be bad on the road. They are making new vehicles and skirting all current safety and emissions requirements that new car manufacturers have to deal with. Haven't figured out they get away with it especially in California.

Love the eight digit net worth comment. So true. Didn't seem that long ago seven digit meant something.

Wonder what my 94 with 108k on it would go for... wow

Fully locked? IDK, but you could start very high.
Yup 3x, tow, roof rack, leather, wood grain package, pretty clean.... crazy numbers out there right now

I watch all the LCs that go across the auction block on BRT, and there have been a few mint 80s in the past year, but this one is a winner.

Will be interesting to see if it breaks the 76k mark of one of the previous listings.

Man, that thing is beautiful! Love the color. I'm gonna break out the popcorn for this auction.

The trend is crazy. Kind of a ceiling around $80K. The $135K has 1,000 miles on it and was stored inside.
1648321851753.png

This is Lexus SUV trend, more LX470 than LX450.
1648322384706.png

$140k!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom