Correct paint for pipe Fence. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We have just built a 6 rail pipe fence that I need to paint. I will be using a sprayer. Wondering what type primer and paint I need to use.

We have just built a 6 rail pipe fence that I need to paint. I will be using a sprayer. Wondering what type primer and paint I need to use.
I need to add that pipe is 2.5 inch new pipe. Starting to show some rust. Help!!

Judy if that is oilfield tubing you could just let it form a layer of rust and it would be fine for decades. Just protect it where it goes in the ground by raising the cement an inch or two above ground level using a disposable sleeve of some type. The Pennybacker bridge over lake Austin is not painted and the rust layer protects the steel underneath. I like the rust color and its much easier than repainting every 5 years or so.

Judy if that is oilfield tubing you could just let it form a layer of rust and it would be fine for decades. Just protect it where it goes in the ground by raising the cement an inch or two above ground level using a disposable sleeve of some type. The Pennybacker bridge over lake Austin is not painted and the rust layer protects the steel underneath. I like the rust color and its much easier than repainting every 5 years or so.
Thanks for your reply. We will be on acreage that is (unfortunately) in an HOA. We have to paint it but plan on a rust red color.. Love Lake Austin!

Tractor Supply, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. all sell oil-based primer and paint especially for metal, fences and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom