Coolant Replacing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi There

Have a 2011 LC 200 with 45,000 miles.

I do add coolant " Toyota Long Life" very occasionally and just a bit once or twice a year.

How often should coolant be changed ?
Every 5 years ?

Thanks

Jay

Hi There

Have a 2011 LC 200 with 45,000 miles.

I do add coolant " Toyota Long Life" very occasionally and just a bit once or twice a year.

How often should coolant be changed ?
Every 5 years ?

Thanks

Jay
At the 100,000 mile marker for the first exchange. Every 50,000 after that.

Also, you should be using "Toyota Super Long Life." It is very different than "Toyota Long Life" and the two fluids don't actually play well together. New generation coolants are not like many other fluids, they don't mix well and tend to separate from each other, increasing potential for hot spots. If it was my truck, and someone was adding Long life to it, I would dump the whole system and refill with super long life (what was put in from the factory.) It's not that you couldn't use long life, it just needs to be one or the other. Just try not to mix.

P.s. i'm not a fluid snob, you can mix things all day and use non factory fluid a lot and be perfectly fine. But Toyota Super Long Life is a very different beast.

Last edited:
At the 100,000 mile marker for the first exchange. Every 50,000 after that.

Also, you should be using "Toyota Super Long Life." It is very different than "Toyota Long Life" and the two fluids don't actually play well together. New generation coolants are not like many other fluids, they don't mix well and tend to separate from each other, increasing potential for hot spots. If it was my truck, and someone was adding Long life to it, I would dump the whole system and refill with super long life (what was put in from the factory.) It's not that you couldn't use long life, it just needs to be one or the other. Just try not to mix.

P.s. i'm not a fluid snob, you can mix things all day and use non factory fluid a lot and be perfectly fine. But Toyota Super Long Life is a very different beast.

Will check again i beleice it is the super long life coolant( pink color).

I looked ar my owner manual it mentioned " I" ( inspect) and does not mention replace.

It is a matter of mileage or aslo time ( years/months) ?

Jay

Oh yeah, I remember that. That came out when I was working at a Toyota, so we started mixin' it up! Then later that year we had a few customers comeback in for overheating issues. Tore the cooling systems apart and found the red stuff gummed things up.

Could it of been a fluke or maybe just a bad batch of the new pink stuff, maybe. But our shop manager stopped the mixing, and we didn't have any more cooling issues. We just did full dump and fills though, no flushing.

I love Toyota, but it reminds me of the new WS ATF, lifetime they say, but the bottle says it only lasts 60,000 miles under severe service, which we all drove in. Sooo how is that lifetime?

Usually my recommendations are started off of what companies say, then mixed with some terrible experience. That's why I said, "if it were my truck."

Not an excuses, just my small opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom