Cool hidden handsfree setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.studio7designs.com
Just by chance, my 97LX 450 was my awesome grandpas. So many great memories in it and I inherited it.

I've made it a real priority to keep it looking as 'stock' as possible.

I'll upload more pics, but what I did was install a bluetooth cd player in the old cd changer (anyone got a full face cover for that area? want to hide it completely). It has USB in the back, which goes into a lightning cable for my iphone up into the storage compartment, so I can charge my phone, play music, and answer calls etc easily.

Bluetooth cd player has an IR repeater that goes under the ignition area (will upload pic later). That repeater lets me control the cd player with a remote.

I disabled the manual antenna, and replaced it with a powered "wire" antenna that is attached to the windshield behind the mirror, this is where the microphone is located also for hands free. I'll upload pics in a bit, its flat/modern antenna.

I can switch to aux output on the cd player, and I can still use my old tape player and radio, which I love using, and the entire truck looks bone stock.

I also removed the speaker in the console, and am building a secure lockable hidden compartment... it will look like there is just a speaker there, but push a button in storage and it pops open kind of thing.

The 'up' and 'down' buttons for the old antenna I am going to 'remap' so that the up button turns on the front fog lights I'm installing, and the down button will turn on and off a rear backup light.

Eventually, I will remap a bunch of the buttons on the tape/fm player, so that I can answer calls and end calls by pushing specific buttons.

I also have a hidden 'kill switch' that shuts off power to the fuel pump, hidden in plane sight.. if I'm parked in sketchy area, I just flick that switch and try all they can, they can't drive off, even if they disable alarm.

Anyone have a full faceplate for that cd changer area so I can properly hide the player? Gladly pay well for it shipped to O' Canada.

Cheers

IMG_4787.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks cool. I just put a similar set up in the stock area but only a bluetooth/usb/ 1/8 jack receiver. For me cd's are old tech and I never use them.

Yeah, the cheapest way to get hands free calling, bluetooth, USB charging in the center console, and bluetooth music streaming was with cd player... I'll never use the actual 'cd' part of it.

They are sooo ugly, can't wait to find a cover for it.

Great setup. Cannot wait to see more photos. Do you have the model number of the Bluetooth CD player? What else did you need for the install?

This is the cd player, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006YBQ6V6/?tag=ihco-20 great reviews.

IR repeater http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K60OPP0/?tag=ihco-20

I can email full list if you want, I'll get those pics up tomorrow, its really cool listening to radio with great reception and not having the antenna go up and down... I also love the stock look of the lowered antenna, rather then some ugly black stub... the hidden antenna on front windshield is great and looks badass.

This thread is useless without pictures. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom