Convex left mirrors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleak

SILVER Star
Threads
Before I start a brutal and probably fruitless search through evert Toyota parts site, does anyone off-hand know if anyone imports left-hand mirrors from RHD 200s ('16)? I did this years ago with a LR Discovery, and after a short adjustment period, I enjoyed the increased range of vision.

I'm not even sure if the shapes are similar in other (RHD) markets.

Is this what you're talking about?

If so this ebay seller (link below) has Black, White, and Gray.

1.jpg

partshouse64 | eBay

Last edited:
No. I'm talking about the actual side mirrors. I'm looking for a replacement glass part of the adjustable, heated, etc., mirror with the BSD indicator, only CONVEX, maybe with "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" (if they bother with that in Japan or the UK). One that would be in the left (passenger) mirror pod of a RHD LC200.

If they have it one would need to track down a part number. The glass is the same shape as ours. But I couldn't say if it was convex.

2.jpg

A college is going to Japan next week. Maybe he'll have time to visit a dealership.

Yea that would be cool. Please let us know how it turns out. It's always interesting to see the mods and upgrades folks do to make their cruisers just a bit better or more functional.

Before I start a brutal and probably fruitless search through evert Toyota parts site, does anyone off-hand know if anyone imports left-hand mirrors from RHD 200s ('16)? I did this years ago with a LR Discovery, and after a short adjustment period, I enjoyed the increased range of vision.

I'm not even sure if the shapes are similar in other (RHD) markets.

That's one thing I like about Clearview Towing mirrors from Australia. Both sides have a flat mirror and also a second convex mirror.
The down side is that they do stick out wide enough for trailer towing, making full-time use an issue if you are wheeling in tight quarters.

I wish I could have Clearview's mirror housing, but in a non-extended version--because it would provide what you are asking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom