Converting a utility trailer for camping tire wheel and fender selection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Would anyone happen to know what size fenders I should be looking at purchasing to run 33” tires? There are some 36x10 ones on Amazon for around $180 that seem like a good idea…but I’d rather know for sure they would work for 33” tires prior to purchasing.

Background:
The 5x10 lowes utility trailer I purchased for a few home improvement projects is being repurposed to become, in essence, a tent camping and road trip augmenting pull behind pickup truck bed for my 200 series.

Loading down my suv with camping or roadtrip accoutrement doesn’t seem to be as prudent as just loading down a utility trailer and pulling it behind on trips.

I tried putting wheel spacers on the trailer so I could run 5x150 33 tires…only to find out that the axle is so narrow that the tires would impact not only the fenders but the trailer itself.

Thus, per advice of folks here and of necessity, I’ll be upgrading the axle (I think) to a 3500 lb one that is wider so I can run 33” tires (I’ve got an extra set) at some point.

Currently just trying to figure out fenders I should run to clear the 33’s as I’m taking the trailer to a welder for a couple other things in the next few days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom