Confirm bearing P/N ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a M100. I believe it still has the original axle. Can anybody confirm this is the correct P/N for the inner bearing set ?

35AEC495-C2D2-44F6-AA5D-4CCEAE3D45E5.jpeg

That should be the National P/N for the inner hub seal. Others are Spicer 17004 or Chicago Rawhide (CR)21101) depending on your preferred brand. The bearing and race set should be:

4 ea. - Cone and Roller Bearing - Timken 18590
4 ea. - Roller Bearing Cup - Timken 18520

The other bits you could get depending on need are:

2 ea. - Outer wheel bearing washer - Spicer 17015
2 ea. - Outer wheel bearing nut - Spicer 17016
2 ea. - Outer wheel bearing nut lock washer - Spicer 17017
2 ea. - Wheel flange gasket - Spicer 17146

Whole hub assembly can be found here:

Amazon product ASIN B009X1W4KQ
Wheel studs here:

Outer washer set here:

Amazon product ASIN B000FQ00DG

More than you asked for I know but maybe useful.

HTH.

@Robert Franzke is there an inner bearing behind that inner seal, in addition to the outer cone bearing ?

Yes. There is an inner bearing just under the seal (or should be in a normal axle anyway)and an outer bearing. Should be the same size however for both. Need 4 bearings and races per axle as mentioned above. Since I was replacing everything on mine, I just put the hub, nut and outer washer back on the spindle without the outer bearing, then yanked on the hub against the nut to get that inner seal out. Came right out. You'll see the inner bearing then. If you are going all the way to replacing that inner seal, the hub is pretty well torn down so a good time to replace all that stuff if it has not been done. These work almost identical to 60 or 80 series Toyota axle hub setups if you are at all familiar. My trailer is actually the Civilian version of the M100 with the factory rear tailgate. Biggest difference in the hubs between the two models I think is yours has brake drums and mine doesn't. HTH.

2016-08-03 08.40.12.jpg

I have an M 100 and would like to change the wheel lug pattern to a 6 x 5 1/2. Anyone have any idea where to get the hub and drum? I've tried to eat trailer and they don't seem to have what I need.

No idea where you would get an actual hub like that for one of these specifically. Can you use adapters like these:

Amazon product ASIN B01MXMB4X9
I'm not sure only because I talked to multiple manufacturers of those and none seem to think it will work with the hub diameter on the trailer. I see that some folks here have done it but need the part numbers they have.

none seem to think it all work with the hub diameter on the trailer

Yeah thinking about it now I think there was something to the center bore on the adapters preventing their use on these trailers. Screw me. :doh:The center bore looks pretty big on these adapters but not sure if its big enough to accommodate their use on an M100:

hub one.jpg
hub two.jpg
hub three.jpg

Reading through some threads most folks just replace the axle or go with some custom made hubs.

For an M416 but same kind of idea. Maybe something in there that might help. Seems to be a common want for Toyota guys. This guy did it by swapping the entire axle:

I just don't see any real direct replacement solutions for those type hubs anywhere.

I found an adapter on eBay by their description would work. I messaged the individuals first to find out what the truth is. If it works out I'll let everybody know here if anybody's interested. Swapping out an axle that's not a big deal really it's just the shipping cost especially now. The shipping would be more than the actual cost which is crazy from Dexter.

I found an adapter on eBay by their description would work. I messaged the individuals first to find out what the truth is. If it works out I'll let everybody know here if anybody's interested. Swapping out an axle that's not a big deal really it's just the shipping cost especially now. The shipping would be more than the actual cost which is crazy from Dexter.

69D0150E-777B-4595-97F9-102BC210C7F3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom