Wanted Compression tester for 1HDT and 1HDFT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
I am looking for quite a while now for a compression tester adapter or complete kit for 1HDT and 1HDTFT engines. If you have one or know where to get one please let me know , needing one soon at the shop .

Last edited:
The Mac tool truck and snap on truck both carry them. Just bring them a glow plug and they can match it up. If I remember right Mac was cheaper last time I looked

The Mac tool truck and snap on truck both carry them. Just bring them a glow plug and they can match it up. If I remember right Mac was cheaper last time I looked

Unfortunately I do not work at a shop so I will need to look for a Mac dealer around me then , thanks.

Anyone has the pn's for these MAC parts so I don't need to open up the FT just to get an injector out ?

I see, you need one for the injection port since it’s an FT, I was talking about the glow plug style for 1HZ/1HDT. I’ll see what I can dig up for you.

Joe, I can mail you an injector from my spare set.

Joe, I also have an adapter that one of the guys here on mud built out for DI engines... I have lent it out before and could send it to you... Let me know!

Are you sure it's something special? My diesel comp tester came from Harbor Freight (I think), and had everything I needed to check comp on my various VW IDI diesels over the years. I would assume it would also have the Toyota covered, as they are using the same Bosch VE injection pump. I can check manufacturer info when I get home. I won't be using it for a minute as I melted the #1 piston in my 81 rabbit turbo diesel pickup, sadly....

Joe, I also have an adapter that one of the guys here on mud built out for DI engines... I have lent it out before and could send it to you... Let me know!

Thanks and thinking about it the ones I use for the 1HZ's should also work for the 1HDT but I am needing one right now for the 1HDFT and it has no glowplugs but a glow screen so the injectors that are hiding under the valve covers have to be removed and compression need to be checked there.

Thank you for the offer but a good friend is sending me his for the FT that I can use this time but still looking to purchase one.

For the 1HD-T, buy the diesel compression test kit at harbor freight, but the gauge is junk after one test. Then go buy this gauge and use it with the harbor freight kit:

Amazon product ASIN B000OQHTB8
Then for the FT or the FTE you'll need an injector adapter. I can't find the one I bought but it looks like this

Amazon product ASIN B00JLGX41Q
I'll keep looking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom