Compression test (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there fellas, Wondering if anyone in the area has a diesel compression tester I could borrow/rent? I am trying to decide if I am going to rebuild my 2tle or not. I suspect low compression on a few cylinders.

Thanks! -Matt

Hi Matt,

I'm in Abby and I have a Diesel compression tester.

Call me at 604-309-5233

Hey Matt you probably know this, but when you do this test, make sure you un-plug your spill control valve (top back of the injector pump). Also, I forget if you still have a throttle plate or not, but if you do, make sure you keep it open during the test. Hope your compression is ok.

No problem Matt! Thanks for the Tim Card! Wasn't necessary but much appreciated! :beer:

What kind of compression numbers did you get?

Its the least I could do :)

My front 2 were 450.
Rear 2 were around the 350-360 mark.

Been talking with GTSSportCoupe and I am going to check the valve clearance, seem to think it might be time for new shims. My engine is sitting at just over 300K and I'm sure its never been done before. So next thing Ill be looking for is the tool I need to replace valve shims (If that's the problem)

For sure the injection pump will be coming off this winter and will be sent in for a RE-RE. Any suggestions on a good shop who knows their stuff with JDM toyotas?

Fred Holmes in Richmond (I know, long drive, but well worth it). Those guys are experts on fuel injection, especially diesels. Last time I brought a pump in the guy knew exactly what engine it was from after a quick glance over the counter.
If you can, do a leakdown test. You can usually make your own leakdown tester or if you need I have one in New West. Look if up online if you're not familiar with it. Usually tells you where the leaks are coming from. It's a bit more time consuming than a compression test but sometimes it's worth it.

Another option is Okanagan Injection. I've not used them yet but nothing but good reports and a toyota guy there (yodahed on mud). My next injection shop requirements will be there, unless its something that timelines dictate be done more local.

Does it take the same shims and shim tool as a 1HD-T?

gb

x2 on Okanagan Injection, After hearing some odd things about Fred Holmes Id rather give the business to a guy who helps out on Mud lots

Got my 1HD-T injectors done there and no problems.

I was at OK Injection just a couple of weeks ago, though it was for a Duramax issue (fuel filter housing failure)

Hey there fellas, Wondering if anyone in the area has a diesel compression tester I could borrow/rent? I am trying to decide if I am going to rebuild my 2tle or not. I suspect low compression on a few cylinders.

Thanks! -Matt

Matt, any time to check your valve clearance? Wondering how things are?

This guy is the guru...I know a lot of good guys but GRSport is the man if he says it is right it is right...,

GTS is the man! Unfortunately my life has been consumed with Reno's, work and a 1 year old. I will get back to it soon. In a moment of weakness I considered trading it for something else... but I just love it too much. Will report back soon! Sorry for the delay pals. -M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom