Color help...TIA!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KDAWG97m3

SILVER Star
Threads
I just got cruiser, drives great and ready to ride, but it needs paint..

So I have a white 80 and the body has seen better days and I removed the flares, so I am Going to roll on bed liner (Al's or raptor) but I am stuck on what color..

The cruiser is white, snd I know I don't want black, I am thinking grey or just go back white? I am going all the way to body line under the windows. I am going to do the jambs too..

I have one other question, do I rollover the door handle or remove? I heard it is a PITA to remove!?

I agree...what part of KS do you live? I a, traveling to Overland Park next week, my company's HQ...

I am leaning towards white....,

I did a project in Al's liner and that stuff is HARD. I took a hammer and a screwdriver to it and these left no mark.

But I remembered seeing something about liner and white pigment so I went back and looked. Presumably this would apply to other quality urethane liners I would guess:

Tinting Al's Liner White
White is always a question when it comes to tinting bed liners. Al's Liner DIY Truck Bed Liner Kits can be tinted white, however you must keep in mind that it takes a very high density pigment to achieve a true white simply because Al's is a urethane based truck bed paint. If you do not use a high-quality/high-density white pigment you stand a chance of the bed liner paint yellowing during the cure process. The problem with white pigments of that caliber is that they are expensive. These generally cost $150 to $300 per pint of pigment. Also keep in mind that a white liner will show any dirt, scuff marks, etc.

You really ought to look at the Dingo. Al's liner in Tan. You could even leave the top white for a retro 40 look. Couldn't get the search function to pull up the Dingo currently, but it is one awesome rig.

I have been thinking about this same thing. I have the LX with the black and gray cladding. I really like to two tone look on the LX so I will be going with the gray liner on the bottom half and keeping the top 1/2 black.

@KDAWG97m3 I live in the Topeka/Lawrence area. The reason I said go with Monstaliner in white is because Al's would have to be tinted by you and they state on there website that it will be difficult to make that color. The monsta you can just buy in a nice white color that already closely matches our trucks. My 97 is white and it will get white Monstaliner, my 94 is red and it will get Al's which I will attempt to tint to the factory color.

I am going to order the white monstanliner tonight. Thanks for everyone's help!! I was conteplating tan or grey, but I think I want to stick to white

I am going to order the white monstanliner tonight. Thanks for everyone's help!! I was conteplating tan or grey, but I think I want to stick to white

I spoke to a local dealer of Bullet Liner yesterday and he advised me against going white for a complete vehicle... they did a white Jeep Rubicon for SEMA and he said that it stains very easy and that is very hard to clean...

I decided to go with a different color combo for my white FJ80.
Just my 2 centavos...

Good luck.

I spoke to a local dealer of Bullet Liner yesterday and he advised me against going white for a complete vehicle... they did a white Jeep Rubicon for SEMA and he said that it stains very easy and that is very hard to clean...

I decided to go with a different color combo for my white FJ80.
Just my 2 centavos...

Good luck.
Can you share pics and the color your choose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom