Coil packs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know there are several threads on coil packs, warning of the benefit of staying with OEM and the risk of going with anything else. I'm not arguing that point...I go OEM where I need to. What I am struggling with is differentiating between two Denso versions. OEM (Part # 90919-02259) is listed here (90919-02249 Genuine Toyota Ignition Coil Assembly - https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~coil~assy~ignition~90919-02249.html) at $85/each while another Denso (6731303) is listed here (Amazon product ASIN B002Y37M0W) at $52/each. Anybody know if the Amazon Denso's (can also find the same at Rock Auto) are of the same/similar quality as the OEM Denso's? I'm looking to replace all 8 and don't want to pay an extra $33/each unless it is warranted.

Thanks!

Mark

There are several of us running the Amazon Densos with no issues. I think you're paying for the Toyota part number stamp.

Had a misfire so purchased the Amazon ones. Put those and new plugs in and the misfire is gone. The top of them looks like the “toyota” stamp was ground off.

I have zero experience with either to back this up, but for the price difference I'd go with the Amazon/ Rock Auto Denso. I'd probably feel more comfortable ordering form Rock Auto due to counterfeits apparently rolling around Amazon and EBay.

Thanks all. This is super helpful. I'll go with the Amazon/Rockauto Denso's. New plugs and coil packs were on my radar as preventative (190k miles), but this past weekend I had a misfire on cylinder #6. Looks like the right time to hit them all.

Mark

Thanks all. This is super helpful. I'll go with the Amazon/Rockauto Denso's. New plugs and coil packs were on my radar as preventative (190k miles), but this past weekend I had a misfire on cylinder #6. Looks like the right time to hit them all.

Mark
It isn't my Idea, so I can't take any credit, but one of the members here had a good idea--If you need to replace a coil pack, just buy two. Replace the bad coil pack and one other (preferably one that is harder to get to).

Now, you have two good coil packs and one functional spare to keep with you. If you lose another, simply replace with the spare, and then order and install a new one, returning the spare to the tool box.

This way you don't have to drop all the cash at once. I grab spares from the pick-n-pull to keep on hand.

It isn't my Idea, so I can't take any credit, but one of the members here had a good idea--If you need to replace a coil pack, just buy two. Replace the bad coil pack and one other (preferably one that is harder to get to).

Now, you have two good coil packs and one functional spare to keep with you. If you lose another, simply replace with the spare, and then order and install a new one, returning the spare to the tool box.

This way you don't have to drop all the cash at once. I grab spares from the pick-n-pull to keep on hand.
I get mine from Sequoia/Tundra engines, $4 or 5 OEM used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom