Coil Conversion with Airlift or Firestone Airbag Integration? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a really interesting option to me, and I have seen multiple people do it but I haven't seen a real write up. I have read it is possible to insert the coil helpers and have them attached to the existing air pump and leveling system.
Which coil conversion kit is best for allowing the routing of the air lines?
Which springs give a stock ride height, or slightly less to be able to keep a minimum pressure in the airbags as the manufacturers recommend?
How is the ride? I know they really improved the feel of my sagging 3rd gen 4runner.
I don't offroad, but I do tow a fairly heavy boat and wouldn't want the stock air spring system to give out while far away from home.

I am going to run these and plan to order and install in the next few weeks. Check out the reviews. You will see a nice write up with pictures.
Amazon product ASIN B001CW6IBUI too am pulling a boat. I am running a 3" lift and it sits pretty level. I will not be using the stock pump. I will just air these up as needed. I have the SSO rear coil conversion. Any should work fine though. 4th gen 4 runner springs will be a good stock replacement. I believe 5th gen springs will give you about 1" of lift in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom