Coil conversion: Moog Upper Isolators vs OEM Toyota? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m about to finally ditch my air bags and convert to coils. Regarding the upper isolators, I know people use the Moog K160061 Isolators since the OEM Toyota cone shaped ones are so pricey. However I’m wondering, are the Toyota ones worth the price? Will there be a noticeable difference in ride quality and long term use? I found a set of used Toyota ones for $60 and I’m wondering if it’s worth the extra money. Also will the OEM Toyota ones add more lift? They look a lot thicker. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
While I cannot comment on the specific isolators, I have been dissatisfied with most Moog components. On my past Subaru, I used Moog sway bar end links, sway bar bushings, and tie rod end. The sway nar parts were toast in 5 years (OEM lasted 12) and the tie rod ends were clearly inferior to OEM. That car was a beater, but I would not want to use Moog components on anything I plan to keep for a long time. Their stuff may have been good 20 years ago but is cheap now.

While I cannot comment on the specific isolators, I have been dissatisfied with most Moog components. On my past Subaru, I used Moog sway bar end links, sway bar bushings, and tie rod end. The sway nar parts were toast in 5 years (OEM lasted 12) and the tie rod ends were clearly inferior to OEM. That car was a beater, but I would not want to use Moog components on anything I plan to keep for a long time. Their stuff may have been good 20 years ago but is cheap now.
Thanks for letting me know. Looks like I’m going to just the OEM Toyota ones then.

check ebay and other used parts sources for the Toyota parts. I found a set with GX460 springs delivered for around 70.00.

check ebay and other used parts sources for the Toyota parts. I found a set with GX460 springs delivered for around 70.00.
Yeah I actually found a set of OEM isolators for fairly cheap. Gonna go that route, thanks for the recommendation

Glad it worked out. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom