Codes Codes Codes(130,133 & 171) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know someone out there has to had similar problems. Our 97 with 110k miles has been having problems for some time now. I've had a PO171 for a long time and have not found the source and recently PO130 & 133 have shown up as well. It has new O2 sensors(toyota), air intake tube is good and tight, replaced MAF(would seem to run a little better after cleaning the old one), checked wiring under egr(good) and retaped with heat reflective tape, wiring to ECM inside is also good. Fuel pump relay has been replaced, fuel pump resistor was replaced, new fuel filter. It also will interrmitantly act like it's fuel starving and will just barely run (mainly under load going up hill) it's bad enough we haven't tried to drive it more than a couple of miles at a time over the last 8+ months. It also has become hard to start when warm. It cranks and cranks then finally fires up. I've got a new fuel sock ordered and plan on changing that later this week. I'm at my wits end with this thing:bang: Any ideas? HELP!

Last edited:
I would verify the fuel pressure is correct as well. If you can, drive the car under load and watch fuel pressure gauge (which you have already installed)as the problem is occurring. If pressure stays within specs, I would look elsewhere. Verify that all factory/after market specs are correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom