clutch kit? which one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi folks...lookin to put a new clutch and fly wheel into a 95 tacoma. shes a daily driver but she has high miles so im thinking middle price. thought i would buy the kit off rock auto. any recommendations as to which kit NOT to buy? they've got a lot of 'em. thanx in advance. -also same question on struts same truck.

Not sure of their offerings for the tacos but I have had good luck with Marlin Crawler's clutch kits and flywheels. Other option would be an OEM from one of our great dealer connections.

I am about to order one for my 1990 pickup from Marlin myself. That will be the 3rd or 4th one from them.

You should buy a factory one from me!

(I actually have a Marlin Crawler HD clutch in my Mini)

Not sure of their offerings for the tacos but I have had good luck with Marlin Crawler's clutch kits and flywheels. Other option would be an OEM from one of our great dealer connections.

I am about to order one for my 1990 pickup from Marlin myself. That will be the 3rd or 4th one from them.

thats great! thanx for the response. im gonna look into that.

Im running an LCE 35 lb. flywheel with a Hayes clutch and pressure plate from Summit. It's been in there about 2 years now no issues.

I've been looking at the LCE stuff for my '93. What's the factory 9 1/4" flywheel weigh anyhow?

My buddy has a 96 taco that needed a clutch. He didn't listen to me when i told him to get ether a stock toyota one or a marlin. He got a supper deal on a napa and it broke. So he got another one close to free from napa and it also fell apart. I then told him that i would NOT help him for a third time unless he got a MC. It has been great for over a year.
Another buddy of mine git his dine at pep boys because i didn't have time to help at the time. Same story. I made him get a MC and he loves it.
I myself have gone threw toyota clutches like crazy. I am very hard on them. I put a MC in my 87 and it has been the best clutch i have ever owned.
Its a no brainer. Get a MC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom