"Clunked" me a new drive shaft (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I get the clunk sometimes in my 2005, 100 series, I just have it greased and re-torqued and i don't feel it again for another 5-10k miles. I also have a 2011 LX570 and I had to fight with the dealer to get the driveshaft greased and re-torqued at 30 k miles. I will continue to follow Lexus maintance guide for the re-torque and greasing of the driveshaft. The service advisor claimed that they never saw a clunk in the newer model LX570's 2010-2015 and they no longer needed to be greased. My comeback was if it was not needed why did Lexus put it in the maintance book? At this point there is not much real work being done on a service call. Most of it is "inspect" which is maybe they looked at something. That is why I never get their "service" packages with all the looking. I get real stuff done and I then do the looking myself. I can see if a belt is worn or if a boot is torn or something is leaking. They can change the oil/filter, grease and retorque the driveshaft. I can change the air filter. I am not paying big $$ for the look see. I also get free lifetime rotation on my tires from discount tire. Not paying the dealer for rotation. My experience with most Lexus dealerships is that they look for problems, so they can fix them. This is not the case with the Austin dealership. But with a discussion with the GM and service director they will take a look all my measureable items. Not worried I check myself.

2011. I need to grease it otherwise there is a clunk.

My '08 has the clunk. I've read and searched and read and searched, but can't find the TSB on this issue. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Rigger

Is there TSB for the driveline clunk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom