Clock Wiring Help - Putting Back Together (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First things first, the wiring diagrams make absolutely zero sense to me in terms of how to fix my problem from what I've seen. Secondly, I have no idea what I'm doing. Ha

So, I initially dove into the dash to setup a monitor for a front facing camera on the bumper. Surprisingly, from my lack of experience in working with the cruiser, let alone the electronics of a cruiser, I was able to get power to the camera, ground it, and get the video working.

I've since decided against the camera system I bought as it looked horrible with sunlight. Cheapy Amazon product for an experimental project.

So now, I need to put the wires back the way they should have been, but, I can't find a picture of how it goes together. There's more wires come out of the clock than what's being fed to the clock. I assume that several of the wires from the clock need to double connect to the wires being fed, but due to my inexperience, I have no ideas which.

I doubt it makes any difference, but I have an LX450 (1997), and not a Land Cruiser.

So, if someone could provide, how to rewire your clock for dummies instructions with pictures, or very specific instructions, it would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
A little more information would be helpful. Your description makes it sound like you cut into the harness to power your camera. If so, put it back the way you found it.

Otherwise, there are only four wires in the clock circuit...
upload_2018-4-14_12-11-17.png

There’s definitely more than 4 wires, I’ll take photos later today and post.

There’s definitely more than 4 wires, I’ll take photos later today and post.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.. only 5 wires and two are green in the same hole.

IMG_20180414_190742.jpg

Nope, not on mine. I just took a pic and will share as soon as my phone turns back on as it just ran out of juice.

It's just as I stated. Maybe different on the LX450 for some reason?!

That is a pic of a lx450 1997.

IMG_20180317_082310.jpg

That's for a 96 lx450.
All the wires are there from when I first adjusted, as they should be, so, the additional routing of the wires to where they go isn't necessary. I just need to know how to connect the wires back together as they were originally, but can't find anything which represents properly.

It sounds like you should find a mechanic to fix this for you

I circled it for you. Look closely at the diagrams and follow the numbers on the wire connectors. There are 4 on the C9 connector. The C9 is the wire connector that connects behind the clock.

20180414_220703.jpg

20180414_220514.jpg

I circled it for you. Look closely at the diagrams and follow the numbers on the wire connectors. There are 4 on the C9 connector. The C9 is the wire connector that connects behind the clock.

View attachment 1677672
View attachment 1677673

Did you see the above notes? The count of wires is different from this diagram, and this diagram doesn't describe the immediate connections right behind the clock. There's more wires out of the clock than what's coming from behind the dash and I believe I have to connect multiple wires to one, and I'm pretty sure it's different wires to the green power wires to direct when the vehicle is on/dormant or lights on when active. So, it would be something like connecting the blue wires to the green, which, when I did one of those, the clock worked, but it reset to 1:00 whenever I turned off the vehicle as well as the battery is getting drained when the truck is off.

View attachment 1677672
View attachment 1677673

I originally cut the wires and didn't record/remember the varying connections, but, the wires that were originally all right behind the clock are all still there.

Hmmm.. weird. Ok. All those wires except the black and white one are all power wires to the clock so the clock comes on with different actions. Like opening the door or turning on the headlights...

Blue yellow turns clock on with dome light

Green turns on clock with headlight tail light

Grey turns on clock with ACC on

Do you have access to a multi meter???

You are going to have to test each wire.
I think they just go 2 to 1 same color except for the green ones since there is going to 2 separate signals for front headlights and rear tail lights.

I just took my 1997 Lx450 clock out and it's identical to the one ccslider posted... Take a picture of the connector on the back of the clock with 7 wire coming out of it.

Hmmm.. weird. Ok. All those wires except the black and white one are all power wires to the clock so the clock comes on with different actions. Like opening the door or turning on the headlights...

Blue yellow turns clock on with dome light

Green turns on clock with headlight tail light

Grey turns on clock with ACC on

Do you have access to a multi meter???

You are going to have to test each wire.
I think they just go 2 to 1 same color except for the green ones since there is going to 2 separate signals for front headlights and rear tail lights.

I just took my 1997 Lx450 clock out and it's identical to the one ccslider posted... Take a picture of the connector on the back of the clock with 7 wire coming out of it.

I did, posted above, but, here it is again: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rGp7MzAWluASY2no1

What resource does everyone use on this site for having images show?

I'm guessing the wires go 2 to 1 same color except the green ones. Theres no where else for the power to go from the clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom