Climate control question 80 series (96) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just imported a 96 diesel from Japan.

When i push auto on the climate control for heat, the AC turns on and it goes directly to floor. When i push AC off the auto button dims but doesn't seem to be in auto mode anymore. Wondering why AC turns on when i set for hot? and why when i select anything other than floor auto turns off. Also if i select a higher fan speed the auto turns off.

Also It never heats up. I probably need a heater core flush.

The module in the Auto climate controlled 80's is a very rudimentary one before they figured out how to make a full digital electronic one. The buttons have a mechanical pre set way they operate (like a function where if you change the input # it changes the output#).
If you remove the unit from the dash you can also switch off the auto function on the back with a switch.

My advice is that you never use the auto function (its not accurate anyways) and just set whatever temp/fanspeed/air direction u want whenever you drive it according to the temp u want: hotter-colder, low fan-high fan, face-floor-both.. etc.

Check if the ambient air temp sensor is clean or not.

A/C off should turn off Auto; that is normal. Change fan speed should also turn Auto off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom