CLEGHORN? Who’s up for making the run this Saturday? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At the meeting last week a few expressed interest in making the run north. Anyone still want to go?

I love cleghorn, I have too much going on to go play though. le sigghhh

On my trip east.... damn it...Bruiser just needs break in time now.

So who's coming for sure?

So far:
Me @SocalLCruiser riding solo.
@Tylerh84 will bring his 60 if his thermostat gets here in time. If not he'll be riding along with me.
@KTP Just confirmed will be in his 40.

@BMinSD ? Will you be coming? Text me 76O.8O2.7374

It may be only 2-3 rigs. That will make for a quick run.
I'd sure like to see more show up!

The plan is to be at the trailhead by 9am. We'll head out as soon as everyone is aired down and ready to roll.
If anyone wants to convoy up, we can meet near El Norte Parkway / I-15 in Escondido around 7am.

Please respond here or shoot me a text at the number above.

4 rigs confirmed. See you all at the trailhead. Hopefully just enough wind to move the dust!

HAM 146.490
76O.8O2.7374 cell

How did it go?

The trip was great! For those that couldn't make it, sorry you missed out on some fun wheeling.
Attendees:
@eSkittles - 100 Series, 33's, Sliders
@BMinSD - 80 Series, Locked front/rear, 33's, Sliders
@KTP - 40 Series, Locked front/rear, 35's
@SocalLCruiser - 100 Series, Locked front, 34.5's, Sliders

After a couple of minutes of introductions, and a few more drooling over Kristian's 40, another couple minutes admiring Emmanuel's new rear bumper and ladder setup on his 99 Cruiser, and checking out Brian's freshly painted, re-geared, front and rear locked 80 Series. We aired down and hit the trail.

Here's the 1st little hill climb. After this, Kristian was running way out front all day. So far in front that "watching his line" meant trying to figure out which tracks his 35's were leaving in the dust filled holes! He was in sight but usually 200-300 feet out front. Definitely a good driver and a VERY CAPABLE rig. His 40 would flex n tuck while the body stayed flat! For much of the rough stuff, he never even had to slow down.
IMG_8165.JPG

Me "leaning into it"! I needed a spotter after getting myself into this one. The driver side was feeling really light! (I'm still coughing up bits of leather).
IMG_8208.JPG

Brian and his wife Maria jammin' straight up the hills. I think Maria had her eyes closed. I did reassure her that we were still on the "easy section". It did get tougher than this little section..... Tough enough to slow Brian in his locked up 80 down a bit as the day went on!
IMG_8175.JPG

Emmanuel, @eSkittles looking skyward and praying for gravity to pull him back down!
IMG_8228.PNG

And it did! Rather quickly. He's looking at the wall wondering how he escaped damaging his baby! He went from standing on his new bumper to brushing dust off his shoulder in about half a second! It was scary!
IMG_8230.PNG

Parts of the run felt easier than the last couple of times I've run Cleghorn. While other sections were a lot rougher than before. Each trip the trail changes some. As there has been a gazillion trucks running through over the last few months. They have made the holes deeper, rocks more prominent. Some of the trail felt wider than I remembered. Or maybe the rain ruts were now filled in with silt that kept us from hugging the vertical sides of the trail with mirrors pulled in.

For any of you that wish to run this trail, let me know. I will probably run it once more then stay away from it for a little while and let it change some more. I'm considering running it backward. I hear it is tougher in that direction.....Anyone interested??

I'm looking forward to running with you all again. Thanks to Kristian for running out front showing us it was all still doable.

Rubber side down!

Good Night!

It was a pleasure meeting everyone. My wife and I really enjoyed the run and meeting some great people. Cleghorn is a fun trail, I look forward to hitting it again.

Thanks to Mike for setting ip yhe trip.
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom