Clark-Hurth axels???????????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for some information for the Clark-Hurth forklift axels that were used on some 75 series out of the mines. Does anyone know of a website or just have some good knowledge of these axels, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

From what Miller Inc. told me:

Made by Dana in an Italian factory and put underneath Miller mine trucks as an upgrade. Supposedly, it was a $10K upgrade.

As you can see from your truck, they put a lot of work into getting those axles underneath it. They reinfoced the frame and put a lot of add-a-leafs in the rear for extra load carrying capacity.

I had a hell of a time finding any info on those axles. I called Miller a few times and I was able to piece together some info.

I would suggest that you dump those axles and fit some FJ60 axles or some Dana 60's or whatever else you can find parts for. Those Clark-Hurth axles are extremely low geared and you are going to spend some money getting them back to use. Also, the fact that if you ever broke one, you may never be able to find parts for it. Also, that truck would only be a trail truck with those axles. Top speed was about 15 mph in high range in high gear.

Also, one more thought: Those axles are very tough, that is why Miller put them under those trucks. But, those axles were meant for low speeds and lots of torque, like in a forklift application. A big V8 with lots of horses might blow those axles up. Just a thought.
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom