chitown's new ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congrats on the rig! She's a beauty!

As for the keyless entry, I'm not sure, but if it had one, you'd typically find the controller under the driver's seat.

You'll dig the white today. You can get gobs of Windy City road mung on it and it'll look pretty clean. White hides so much more than anything else.

Bring 'er down to TFT in Attica. White hides pinstripes pretty well too. :D

You won't miss the 40 much. The 80 is a damn nice truck.

I must be some kinda moron to be dumping money into my 55 when I could just be wheeling the best damn truck Toyota ever built.

chitown40 said:
Bailey.. you're funny. :D I still have my 60 though. Never get rid of that.

LR_RESQ - Sorry to hear about your glass in the other thread... If you can't source the glass, I'd be happy to call the guy that did my windshield and see what he can get...

alaska - I grew up in Mt. Prospect, live in Hoffman's Mistake for a while, and now live in the city on the north side.

Small World. . . I grew up in Mt. Prospect. Now living in Colorado.

Yeah, the white paint is good. All our 4 camry's were white. You just need to keep them waxed up here or else you start getting rust specs on the clearcoat after a few years. I'll take a look under the driver's seat this weekend when I have another go at some more maintenance. It looks like I'll be hopefully getting some tires in the next week or so. Hopefully I can still fit it in the garage or else the roof rack is coming off. Since I dumped the running boards, I need to get some front mudflaps or Slee end caps. Anyone have any opinions of either one since the Slee's have been out for a while now?

Farley, where in Mt. Prospect did you live? My family is still up there around Euclid/Wolf Rds.

Sorry - this is probably more for chat, but. . . . :flipoff2:

I grew up not far from the intersection of Northwest Hwy and Central. A couple 4-5 blocks from the train station.

I remember seeing the Blues Brothers at the old Mt. Prospect theater and going nuts whenever Elwood said, "I picked it up at the Mount Prospect City Police auction last spring. It's an old Mount Prospect Police Car."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom