Check VSC System Error ...Pls help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi There

Bought my 2011 LC 200 VXR ( 60th year anniversary edition ) in Saudi Arabia where I am stationed trusting Toyota reliability and zero maintenance.
My LC is temporarily in Lebanon where I am not sure what kind of support I will get from local dealer since I am not sure of Toyota international warranty.

Yesterday morning I have the Warning light with " Check VSC System" come on. Also VSC sign , check engine and flashing 4LO came on.

I have a Scan Gauge 2 that gave me code P033 D but could not clear it. I could not clear the code with the Scan Gauge 2.

Seems this issue came up on few LC. Can you tell me what problem this may be ?

Also any international/world wide contact for Toyota where I can raise this issue. Had previously a headlight issue letting in water vapor where the headlight had to be replaced ( Saudi Arabia dealer gave me a free headlight where I replaced it b/c my LC was in Lebanon ).

I look forward to hear from you soon.

Thank you

Jay

Your truck is probably in limp mode...

P033D
The output voltage of the knock sensor (for Bank 2 Sensor 2) is 4.5 V or higher (1 trip detection logic).

Causes

Open in knock sensor (for Bank 2 Sensor 2) circuit
Knock sensor (for Bank 2 Sensor 2)
ECM

You have the 4.6L, yes? If so, the Knock sensor is buried under the intake manifold... which actually isn't really that bad to remove, IMO.

My engine is 5.7 L.

Is a sensor blown out ?

Truck does not seem in limp mode it is running normally.

Jay

Boustany United Machineries Co (BUMC) is the Toyota/Lexus distributor for Lebanon. I have been there a couple times to the Hazmieh location.

From what I have seen the mechanic are good and were trained by the Toyota Japan. I only get called out there when its Armored cars for the government.

As far as warranty its a case by case, but they are willing to help. My TLC's there are both US and GCC spec and a few things we were able to get TMC to cover under warranty.

It was and still is a family run business, both the father and the son are there in the office most days and actually come down to the workshop to see how things are going.

At 10 k miles and given LC reliability isn t this absolutely abnormal ?

Anyone faced this issue on the LC 200 ?

Jay

lose wire connection on the ecu/transfer case circuit?

Happened a few times here with people reporting a similar fault I seem to recall.

Hi there

Is the " lose wire connection ecu/transfer " case easy to reach ?

Jay

Same symptoms here..just last week.

I had the same warning lights in my '08 5.7 just last week. Vehicle never drove differently, but all the lights flashing did not inspire confidence. After four or five restarts, the lights turned off.

Dash:
"Check VSC System"
Check engine
Flashing 4Lo
Might have been one more

I'll grab the code if it recurs. It's obviously been very wet here in Colorado lately. Might have affected a ground or a sensor at the wheels?

Was at the dealer today....still going through Bureaucracies to get it covered under warranty !!

Very strange at 10 k miles !

I had a similar problem however my issue was a couple bad oxygen sensors. The dash was lit up like a christmas tree with warning lights and wold not shift into 4LO.

I am still waiting for Toyota japan to have this done under warranty as the truck is in Lebanon where i got little support.

I got core P033D....once sensor or short replaced will this issue re occur ?

I am surprised there isn t a recall on this.

Jay

Unfortunately still waiting for Toyota Japan to step in and sort my issue to have it covered at the local dealer in Lebanon.

I do not feel the truck is slower with this fault ?

Jay

I guess that you have the same power than normal, but that you can`t go into LowRange?

I have a Scan Gauge 2 that gave me code P033 D but could not clear it. I could not clear the code with the Scan Gauge 2.

I suggest that you try too another Device to clean errors.

Maybe the error dont came back after cleaning ;)

I had a Kiwi Wifi Device and use my Smartphone (iPhone) to reset errors.

GSST2WIFI_main.png

There are cheaper devices with cable arround. I had to use the device now 4 times or so, was able to resett errors by myself.

But i have a Diesel V8. It was P0088 Fuel Rail / System Pressure to high / P2757 Torque Converter

image.png

I guess it happens from a.) bad fuel or b.) from low voltage of the battery (but just guessing). Then i see that errors only during our transafrica, never before or afterwards.

I had normal Power, but can`t go to 4low before i reset that error code (who isnt the same then yours)

Last edited:
Well it is going no where with the Toyota local dealer despite Toyota GCC approving it.

Where are these sensors located ? Error P033 D.

Jay

google has an amazing amount of answers..if asked....

Can the check engine light on LC 200 be turned off using the scan gauge 2 ?

Issue sorted out ended up being cut wire of knock sensor. Wire seems a bit short.... It s a bit disappointing to see such defect leak out on the LC 200. It entailed taking out the manifold.
Code erased with my scan gauge 2....

. image-1069298907.jpg Jay

image-1069298907.jpg

image-2807861464.jpg

image-1499320209.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom