Cheap, reliable lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking to install a cheap, reliable lift that will fit 285s on my daughter’s FJ cruiser. It’s a 2010 MT.

Looking at replacing the upper control arms and 2 1/2 to 3 inches front and 3” back. Something simple that doesn’t need to be rebuilt or messed with. No bumpers, only armor we have on it are some rock sliders so looking at light or medium coils.

i might have to do the BMC, too.

Ages ago I had an old man emu nitrocharger lift on my FJ. This still the go to?

Also looking for a quick install that doesn’t require any fabrication because I’ll probably be doing this in my driveway. The truck is a mountain bike hauler and won’t be seeing very serious trails. Just some light stuff in Norcal and OR.

Your best bet will be 5100 shocks. and spc uca . OME is good also for what you are looking to do . If it was me i would try and get the 6112 front coilovers i feel they are worth it over the 5100 .

Your best bet will be 5100 shocks. and spc uca . OME is good also for what you are looking to do . If it was me i would try and get the 6112 front coilovers i feel they are worth it over the 5100 .
Thanks. I’m split between OME and the 6112s. I already have a set of SPCs sitting in the garage.

OME is still a very solid option. Downside to the 5100s is they reuse stock springs. The ride will continue to be great but IMO those are not as nice offroad.

You can also fit 285s stock, so you may want to try that first and pick the lift as you gain more information (which I realize is why you made this thread :) )

OME is still a very solid option. Downside to the 5100s is they reuse stock springs. The ride will continue to be great but IMO those are not as nice offroad.

You can also fit 285s stock, so you may want to try that first and pick the lift as you gain more information (which I realize is why you made this thread :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom