Changed air bags issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I decided to replace the airbags of my Gx470 2006 as the previous ones were leaking. I was expecting to get a smoother ride and not hit the bumstops on every speed bumps. I installed them new Arnott and the ride is worse, way bouncier.
Is there something I missed? Is it possible the shocks need replacement too as they compress less?

Does your airbag system (i.e. your air pump) work? Like, will it air them up to the "H" position, air them down to the "N" or "L" position? No blinking lights? It is possible your shocks are shot if everything on the AHC system is working as designed.

Does your airbag system (i.e. your air pump) work? Like, will it air them up to the "H" position, air them down to the "N" or "L" position? No blinking lights? It is possible your shocks are shot if everything on the AHC system is working as designed.
Thanks for the reply. Yes the air system is working fine. The measurements in H, N and LO positions are good and stay there. No leak anymore.
The shocks must be shot indeed which is expected as they look damaged and are 170k miles. What's new to me is that with the old leaky damaged airbags it did not bounce that much. It seems almost like the new airbags are making the suspension relying more on the shocks thus increasing the bounciness. Crazy.

Did you turn the vehicle on with the rear shocks unloaded (like on a vehicle lift)? I have had several customer's vehicles exhibit the same symptom you're describing when the rear airbags have over-inflated....but usually cycling the system from high to low resets the airbags....so that is probably not the issue. I agree though, it is suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom