Central door locking problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi together,

I'm a bit lost, what's wrong with the car and where to start searching for the bug: the car attempts to lock itself on its own.
Mostly it happens when I turn off the engine, sometimes when I start it.
It almost doesn't happen during the driving.
If the car is closed, and I'm out of the car - it's very tricky to get back into it: I press "open" on the remote(on the key), doors open and just a second later they close again.

I've already disconnected all door keyhole connectors (FR, FL, tailgate), as I've heard before there was an issue with water in there. That doesn't help at all.

ps. actually I'm sick and tired of this sh*..ox (that's not a first issue) and would try to get rid of it soon, but still I want to understand what's happening with the lock system.

Last edited:
I've disconnected the front doors and tailgate completely, but the issue is still there. Sometimes it starts to lock-unlock-lock-... for more than 10 times.

If I insert the key to ignition (do not turn it, just insert) and close the driver door (actually I just press the door contact, even not moving the door) it starts to lock-unlock.

I've checked also the fuse box panel on the drivers side (that huge one with 15 or more connectors and lot of fuses) if it was wet or rusty or whatever - everything is dry and in a good shape.

I'm really stuck. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom