Center diff lock light staying on. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello again guys. My 1995 80 series is nearly road worthy but one issue that seems to be happening is that the center diff lock light is stuck on. I don't feel binding turning in a tight circle so I don't think it is actually locked/stuck. Abs light as well is stuck on (like when the transfer is in low and disables it). Ideas?

Both lights are controlled by sensor/switch on the front side of the transfer case. Either the sensor is defective, the CDL actuator linkage is not clocked in the right position or there is a short in the wiring harness. Unplug the connector to the sensor. If the dash light stays on then there most likely a short to ground in the harness.

Both lights are controlled by sensor/switch on the front side of the transfer case. Either the sensor is defective, the CDL actuator linkage is not clocked in the right position or there is a short in the wiring harness. Unplug the connector to the sensor. If the dash light stays on then there most likely a short to ground in the harness.
Thanks alot, when it isn't pouring rain I'll check it out for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom