CDL switch install problem. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hkfan7

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello gents, I purchased a CDL switch and installed it this evening and when finished up pressed it on and it did light up in the dashboard but also did the ABS. when I tried again after cleaning everything up, I tried it one last time (actually second time) it did not light up on the dashboard. I removed everything all over again to check plug...everything was fine. It no longer lights up. What went wrong? Fuse? (1997 Lexus lx450) no factory lockers. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hello gents, I purchased a CDL switch and installed it this evening and when finished up pressed it on and it did light up in the dashboard but also did the ABS. when I tried again after cleaning everything up, I tried it one last time (actually second time) it did not light up on the dashboard. I removed everything all over again to check plug...everything was fine. It no longer lights up. What went wrong? Fuse? (1997 Lexus lx450) no factory lockers. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The first time sounds normal. ABS is disabled when the CDL is locked, so that's why the ABS warning light comes on. Try plugging it in again after checking your fuses. Not sure why it would blow a fuse, so if you find them all OK I suspect maybe you didn't have it plugged in all the way the second time?

With the engine turned off so you can hear...
When you push the switch do you hear any relays clicking? That means the electrical side of activation is working.
There is a sensor switch that senses/confirms the mechanical locking of CDL which controls the dash lights for CDL and ABS. The sensor switch can be intermittent. You may also have to move the vehicle or jack up one of the front wheels and rotate it for the CDL to lock.

The first time sounds normal. ABS is disabled when the CDL is locked, so that's why the ABS warning light comes on. Try plugging it in again after checking your fuses. Not sure why it would blow a fuse, so if you find them all OK I suspect maybe you didn't have it plugged in all the way the second time?
I removed the section of dash twice to confirm it was securely plugged in, the plug snaps tight and secure. I will check the fuse in the morning. And thanks for the input.

When you push the switch do you hear any relays clicking? That means the electrical side of activation is working.
There is a sensor switch that senses/confirms the mechanical locking of CDL which controls the dash lights for CDL and ABS. The sensor switch can be intermittent. You may also have to move the vehicle or jack up one of the front wheels and rotate it for the CDL to lock.
Thanks, I am going to check the fuse first and then try moving the vehicle before I try it again with the vehicle turned off so I can try and hear the clicking. I will also try it up in the air and rotate it as well.

Thanks, I am going to check the fuse first and then try moving the vehicle before I try it again with the vehicle turned off so I can try and hear the clicking. I will also try it up in the air and rotate it as well.
ok, I checked the fuse this morning and it was fine I pulled the truck out and moved it, and yes your right it’s intermittent. So thanks for the tip greatlly appreciated. 👍🏻 ...Now, I’ll move on to the 7 pin mod!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom