CD Player Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 96 LC. Trying to repair the cd mechanism. I saw a couple of tutorials that talked about how to change out the bulbs and clean the laser and both of those were extremely helpful. It made it where I could actually see my display again. The problem with the cd portion though is that when you insert the cd it just does nothing. It will take the cd in but it doesn't spin and just stays on the radio function. You can hit the cd button but it doesn't do anything. Like I said, I saw a couple of threads that covered how to clean the laser and a couple of threads that even described this exact problem but nothing on possible fixes. Yes, I know I should just replace it with an aftermarket unit but I would just prefer to keep it stock if possible. I still have my giant book of cd's from 20 years ago. Haha. Thanks for the help!

My 94 stock "entertainment unit" does exactly the same with the CD player but I'm so old I just rely on my giant cassette tape library.

I own a few cassettes. Not many though. There is a local record shop though that sells cassettes. Maybe I need to make a stop by and pick up a few.

My CD player fix was an aux input signal for my 80gig player. Now all my CDs are playable and I never have to exchange them.
Amazon product ASIN B002U5XPBE
2OsYk4Ul.jpg

t39OVXpl.jpg

There are actually wireless blue tooth options that I have look into that I am in the process of getting to work with the stock head unit but I am also interested in getting the cd player function fixed as well. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom