cb that fits in fj40 radio slot? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi! I'm looking for a cb that would fit in the fj40 radio slot (1975). pictures would be appreciated!! thanks

Uniden 510 or 520. Great radios and surprisingly inexpensive. We typically use 2m since the sound quality and distance on the trail is so much better, but there are times when you want to communicate with somebody that only has a CB. Having no communication with people on the trail sucks.

I will go to 2M in a near future, but for now I'll go with a basic cb. both ( 510 and 520) are the same size?

Went out and took a photo.

CB in OD.jpg

great!! that's exactly what I was looking for. thanks for your help

I don't have a 40, but based on the size of the faceplate, it looks like a single din sized radio might fit there as well. Cobra 18 ultra and the 18 wxstII are radios that I have currently or have used before and I liked both of them better than the Uniden 510 that I have in my tacoma. They all work fine but the 18 series has significantly more functionality.

I did a little searching and it seems like you'll have to cut the dash to mount a true single din radio. The 18 Ultra may still fit though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom