Caster causing Stinkbug? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow.

I have the same set up on my 93 with the same rake. Give the springs time to settle and it becomes less noticeable. Rake will not affect anything, just looks goofy.

I also have not done the caster correction (for the same reason as the seller) and after driving it w the new lift I am wondering what all the caster hoopla is really all about. I havent noticed any difference in the LC's handling compared to pre lift even at hwy speeds. No drive shaft grrrr either....

If the thing drives good and is well maintained the rake should not even be in the to buy or not to buy equation.

D

I have the same set-up as well, I thought the downward rake was so the back end could act like a wing and keep those tires planted from all the power generated by the 1zf power plant...think your still gonna need plates to correct the caster though

Wow.

I have the same set up on my 93 with the same rake. Give the springs time to settle and it becomes less noticeable. Rake will not affect anything, just looks goofy.

I also have not done the caster correction (for the same reason as the seller) and after driving it w the new lift I am wondering what all the caster hoopla is really all about. I havent noticed any difference in the LC's handling compared to pre lift even at hwy speeds. No drive shaft grrrr either....

If the thing drives good and is well maintained the rake should not even be in the to buy or not to buy equation.

D

I'll definitely keep that in mind, your "beater" is one of my favorite rigs on here D. I've been subscribed to your thread for quite some time now!

Thanks man. Good luck with the hunt.

D

I've got the slee blue bushings on OME heavy 2.5" springs. Outback Roller Drawers in the back add some weight in the rear and ARB in the front. I also have MetalTech sliders. My 93 has slight stinkbug but it doesn't bother me that much. Was thinking about adding some front spacers to level it out a bit but haven't done it yet. The rear tends to sit up higher because the OME springs are designed in Australia where they typically carry a lot of weight on long journeys. Add some weight to the rear to level it out. I'd do the caster bushings too.

I've got the OME heavy kit myself - no real weight in the rear yet & a ARB with 12K Warn that translates to the same general level of "stinkiness" as the 80 you're looking at -look in my garage if you care to compare- no caster bushings since I'm going to a full Slee 4" kit this week- been driving on it 25K miles without any incident, just to put your mind at ease if you buy this one for the road trip home.

Well Mike, there seems to be a whole lot of positive feed back and not a whole lot of negative. Hopefully once your guy goes down there and gets some eyes on, he comes back with good news. Then it's just up to you to pull the trigger on this rig. DO IT!!!! The horse that is lead astray will find its own water. You still can't get it wet!:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom