Casner permit for May 9th - July 24th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brices123

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
If anyone is interested in trying to get a permit for Casner for the first half of the season, here is the procedure.
  • Thursday, March 3rd at 8:30 AM is the starting point for reserving weeks 1-11, May 9th-July 24th.
CALL Michale Gordon with the Forest Service at 928-203-2912.
WHAT TO DO: Only telephone calls will be accepted to reserve your permit.
When you call, tell us 1) your preferred week(s), and 2) the number of vehicles.

STANDARD REGULATIONS

1. No permits are required for vehicles less than 62” wide.
2. For vehicles more than 62” wide, the permit season for 2022 is May 9th-October 9th.
3. No camping or campfires allowed between the gates for all public and permit holders.
4. The free Permit is valid for one day during the week-long reservation. Permit reservations are from Monday-Sunday.
5. No less than three vehicles and no more than ten. Group size cannot exceed 25 people.
6. Permits will be mailed; when received, please sign it, and have it on your person while traveling on the Casner Mountain Trail.
7. Both gates (upper and lower) have combination locks that can be opened with the same combo. Your gate combination is published on your permit.

Curious has the Casner Mountian trip run it's course? This was a big run at one time. Covid pretty caused a huge decrease in 2020 with omly a camping trip compared to 2019. Last year the fire in the area postponed it until late October and on a Sunday.

First few weeks in October is good time for camping on the rim. Usually fire restrictions are lifted. Early in May think would be better that after Memorial Day for the ones available tomorrow. Besides getting busy it also gets warm in June and July.

Is there any interest in doing this run anymore? If someone signs for an early one doesn't mean someone can't sign up later one. Believe these are issued to a person not a group?

We may have done this run a lot but I still think it is fun AND it give me an excuse to get out and go camping.

I might try for the week of May 9th.

I'd do it again

I got busy and forgot to call early enough.

I spoke with Michael and he told me the first half permits were gone in four minutes.

@brices123 Thought you were looking for someone else to call. I could have but really wasn't seeing anyone interested in going. Do you know when the second group will open? If there is interested I can make the call.

It appears the annual Casner Mountian trip has run it's course?
I was not able to get a permit this year. I am on a waiting list.
It is getting harder and harder each year. We had a good run.
That said, I am always up for camping and exploring in that neck of the woods at that time of the year.

Please see the thread I just started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom