Carrying a Kayak inside the 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im looking at a Hobie Pro Angler 12' and wondering if its possible to carry it inside the LC with the back hatch open. I am thinking it might fit with an extender in the receiver. I am only driving 10 minutes or with the hatch open so I am not worried about the beeping. Is this too crazy? Its a huge advantage to not need a trailer for places that you can't park one and I don't think I can get this to the roof alone. Maybe you have better ideas too? Thanks in advance

Im looking at a Hobie Pro Angler 12' and wondering if its possible to carry it inside the LC with the back hatch open. I am thinking it might fit with an extender in the receiver. I am only driving 10 minutes or with the hatch open so I am not worried about the beeping. Is this too crazy? Its a huge advantage to not need a trailer for places that you can't park one and I don't think I can get this to the roof alone. Maybe you have better ideas too? Thanks in advance

I’ve done it with a Tarpon 120. If I didn’t have drawers, I could have left the hatch closed with just the tailgate down.
My 120 is 11’6” or so.

Last edited:
The front pax seat will recline all the way back if you remove the headrest. If you leave the 2nd folded and not flipped that’s the best way to get all the length of the interior.

You can't get it on the roof?! There's this product to help with that. Thule Hullavator Pro

Maybe you have some physical limitation, no offense, but I'd be pretty pissed at myself if I couldn't get something like a kayak up on my roof. Hit the exercise bands!

You can't get it on the roof?! There's this product to help with that. Thule Hullavator Pro

Maybe you have some physical limitation, no offense, but I'd be pretty pissed at myself if I couldn't get something like a kayak up on my roof. Hit the exercise bands!
The Hobie Angler is a heavy kayak weighing 120-140lbs. It is not just the weight but the shape that makes it hard for one person. Plus being tall helps to lift on top of the 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom