Carb or Electric Issue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 81' pickup (with shiny new ARBs and longfields:grinpimp:). It will run great for a bit. Once turned off and then restarted, I get the intermittent problem where the truck will not idle unless gassed. Even while driving it will die if the foot comes off the pedal. Then suddenly, it runs perfect and idle smooth again.

The carb was recently rebuilt, and did the same thing before and after. If I crank the idle screw up when it has this intermittent issue, the truck will still not idle.

I cannot find anything wrong with respect to fuel delivery so now am looking at electrical. Can anyone suggest what to check next? Truck is 22R with 110K on it, so still in good shape.

How is your engine ground?

No, the carb never diesels. When it runs, it runs good. It will idle at 7-800 smoothly. I don't recall seeing a return line.
Next to check is the ECM and wiring to the fuel cutoff solenoid and maybe the choke diaphragm thingy.

And I still need to figure out why I occasionally get both the "charge" and "sensor" dash lights to go on. It seems not all had the sensor trouble light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom