Carb Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the middle of rebuilding the carb on the old girl and have been watching Pinheads videos on youtube. I noticed that while he was taking his apart he pointed out the venturi's are different between the primary and secondary. I looked again at my carb and have 2 secondarys only. Is this OK or do I need to pull the primary out of the spare carb that I have laying around? Also, jet size? Mine have a 18 on the primary and an 80 stamped on the secondary. Are these good to put back in or should I change them out for the ones in the kit (114, 200)??

My guess is you need to put the primary back in from the spare.(it has the 2 rings) The secondary(jet) is bigger, so will give you problems w/ idle, and such. The jet sizes don't sound that off to me(in very general terms-the secondary is twice the primary)

Last edited:
So got it all put back together and still have the same issue stumbling between 2000-2500 RPMs with a constant throttle position. It doesnt do it unless its under a load. I did a full tuneup, adjusted the carb and valves, have 20" of vacuum at idle. It still sounds like a fuel issue not sure if the fuel pump or filter are not able to maintain the load but it clears right up once beyond the 2500 rpms and stays gone until I change gears and get back into that RPM range. Anyone have any ideas?? I am at the point where I am going to change the fuel pump and filter and then move on from there.

@FluByU.... Did you ever get this resolved??? Sounds like I'm having the same issues. I have gone through the Carb twice, new plugs, fuel filter, Cap & rotor, checked vacuum, etc. Fully Smogged. Any pointers will help!!

85 FJ60 w/ 161,000mi

Never figured it out. I intended to change the fuel pump and the dizzy to a 2F style without the points but never got around to it. Decided to tear it all down to the frame instead. Going to put a rebuilt 2F back in instead of dealing with this 1.5F

So got it all put back together and still have the same issue stumbling between 2000-2500 RPMs with a constant throttle position. It doesnt do it unless its under a load. I did a full tuneup, adjusted the carb and valves, have 20" of vacuum at idle. It still sounds like a fuel issue not sure if the fuel pump or filter are not able to maintain the load but it clears right up once beyond the 2500 rpms and stays gone until I change gears and get back into that RPM range. Anyone have any ideas?? I am at the point where I am going to change the fuel pump and filter and then move on from there.
If it runs ok BEYOND the 2500 rpm range, it is not a filter or pump issue(if they didn't work at 2500, they certainly wouldn't work at 3000)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom