Can you run 33" tires on LX570 20" wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm talking about the spec's that indicate the max load in #'s is less on the 305's then on the OEM 285's. I never want anything that is "less then" what Lexus recommends. jMHO

Is anyone running 285/70-R17 on an LX or LC w/AHC besides Surfy? We're looking at picking up some Rock Warriors and curious if these will have any negative side effects.

Thanks!

I am running the RW on a 2014 LX. So far it has been great, though I do get some weird looks!

I have the BFG KO2 in 285/70R17. I have rubbing on the right mud flap when turning. It is very slight though.

image.jpeg

I am running the RW on a 2014 LX. So far it has been great, though I do get some weird looks!

I have the BFG KO2 in 285/70R17. I have rubbing on the right mud flap when turning. It is very slight though.

View attachment 1168045
Looks good!

View attachment 1168045
Thank you for the pic and it looks great! We've got a silver 2013 that these are going to on. Same wheel/tire combo you're running.

View attachment 1168045
Damn, I like that.

No rubbing on N. Now I did adjust the AHC sensors to make the front about 3/4" to 1" higher on the N setting. I didn't do this because it was rubbing. I just wanted to level it out.

I would like to do this adjustment. Does someone have this procedure with possible pics to show where exactly to find the sensors and adjustment points?

Ok, so trying this again. Has anyone done an AHC lift on a 200 series or LX? I am thinking that I will want to give my LX a slight sensor adjustment to bring it up after I change to a 33" tire, but I have only found a procedure for the 100. Knowing that on the 100, you need to adjust the torsion bars to compensate for the added pressure on the AHC system, I am wondering if new coils will need to be purchase after the adjustment on my LX. Any thoughts?

Christo Slee did you keep the AHC on the one you are building the bumper for or swap out for a conventional suspension?

New to the form. I'm trying to find out if 33x12.5 tires will fit on a 2013 LX 570? I'll be having custom 22x10" wheels made and wanted to put the toyo open country M/T tires on it. Any help would be great!! Thanks

New to the form. I'm trying to find out if 33x12.5 tires will fit on a 2013 LX 570? I'll be having custom 22x10" wheels made and wanted to put the toyo open country M/T tires on it. Any help would be great!! Thanks
wow, 10 inch wheels, I doubt that will work, what's the offset on the wheels? I don't own an LX but my initial thoughts would be no way you can roll 10 inch wheels with a 12.5 tire on the LX, it will rub everywhere, just my 2 cents...

wow, 10 inch wheels, I doubt that will work, what's the offset on the wheels? I don't own an LX but my initial thoughts would be no way you can roll 10 inch wheels with a 12.5 tire on the LX, it will rub everywhere, just my 2 cents...
I don't know the offset but now u mentioned it I'll ask the company that is making the wheels. I've contacted a bunch of forged wheel companies that make custom wheels and all have said that the wides wheel they can make to fit is 10" wide..... I'm still in the planning stage and haven't decided on what company and style I want to go with yet haha.... It will be a pretty penny $$$ for the custom wheels.... I want to run a mud tire but limited on styles for a 22" wheel so may need to get an alterain tire.... I don't do much off-roading as there's not much places in my location to go. For the most part I'll be just going in sand at the beach.

I have a 2010 LX... expect to rub. I'm not sure if adjusting the AHC sensors will get rid of all rubbing either. I am going with a 33" tall tire, but on 18's. This is the biggest that will not rub... so I am told.

I have a 2010 LX... expect to rub. I'm not sure if adjusting the AHC sensors will get rid of all rubbing either. I am going with a 33" tall tire, but on 18's. This is the biggest that will not rub... so I am told.
Got it!! I have my rock warrior tundra with some 305/70/17 Goodyear MT/R I'll try see how well this would fit. Not quite as wide as 12.5 but at least I can get an idea. Thanks

Got it!! I have my rock warrior tundra with some 305/70/17 Goodyear MT/R I'll try see how well this would fit. Not quite as wide as 12.5 but at least I can get an idea. Thanks
the 10 inch wheel width is what is going to be the potential problem, IMO. And depending on what the offset ends up being on those wheels. I think you would be far better off with a 9 inch wheel or less, just my 2 cents...

the 10 inch wheel width is what is going to be the potential problem, IMO. And depending on what the offset ends up being on those wheels. I think you would be far better off with a 9 inch wheel or less, just my 2 cents...
Totally understand lol :) thinking about trying to move the front AHC sensors up a little to give me a little more clearance in the front. I don't tow so I like the level look anyway and was trying to find a way (or kit) to level the front or back..... But also keep the factory AHC so I may need to read around on here more to find out how to do the AHC mod :p thanks guys for the pointers

[QUOTE=" thinking about trying to move the front AHC sensors up a little ...[/QUOTE]

Let me know when you figure this all out, as I want to do it too and gain between 1.5 to 2" of lift for the 33's (still on the waiting list) for my LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom