Can you paint over bed liner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can bed liner be painted over? I have a very odd factory color. I have looked at all the bed liner places in my area and none of them do the color liners any more. So can a linex or other bed liner be painted with out messing up the bed liner it self.

I painted over the lining in my tub this spring and so far its held up. I used black semi-gloss rustoleum thinned with mineral spirits and put it on with a brush. I put down about 2 coats and so far no peeling or chipping. We'll see what happens after winter to see if the cold will affect it.

Can bed liner be painted over? I have a very odd factory color. I have looked at all the bed liner places in my area and none of them do the color liners any more. So can a linex or other bed liner be painted with out messing up the bed liner it self.

theres a product the paint stores like finishmaster carry called color your hippo. you can mix the exact color you want in with the liner and spray it on. thats what i have and its pretty tough stuff.

When we spray colored bed linings we paint over it with a 2 part Polyurethane paint that comes from Sherwin Williams. It works great.

I painted bccc over mine and that was almost 4 years ago and it still shines like it was just done yesterday everyone asked me how i keep the bed liner looking soo nice its the cc !

As an FYI, Rattleguard sells a selection of tints for their line of bedliner, which they will sell to the DIY'er to spray on himself. I gather from their www that they also supply to local dealers who will spray for ya, if that's your bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom