Can the adjustable shocks be replaced with regular shocks while retaining air springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day,

i am trying to figure out how much i want to modify my truck. I had a 4runner that fully fitted for serious overlanding. It was totalled and i am trying to figure out what parts i want to bring over. Initially i was planning on bring over most of my suspension and armor. But the more i drive the truck more i am enjoying the plush ride. In reality my business no longer allows me to overland. At most it is a quick overnight on easy to moderate trails for photography. I am leaning against bumpers and looking at replacing my steel RCI skids with aluminium. As the truck ages i know the shocks are going to fail. So the question becomes can i swap my OME over and keep the airsprings in the back without annoying lights on my dash.

Yep, shouldn't be an issue. The electronic shocks and air suspension are separate systems, and there is no dash light for the shock settings to worry about. The Sport - Comfort dial will be useless, but that's about it.

Gx470 oem Suspension parts can be replaced with aftermarket parts without impacting any dashboard warning lights.

replacing air springs do require that you take out like 3 fuses to avoid the lights

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom